Why do people try to 'push' men to date fat women?

Options
...and then get very offended when these men say they don't date fat women?

I was recently called shallow online when I mentioned that I would not date a woman who is overweight. I wasn't rude or insulting about it, I merley said "sorry, i prefer my women thin or average". I was then shot down and told to "get used to my right hand" for the rest of my life and other insults, such as "your hardly Brad Pitt yourself". I mean what the hell?

Personally I do not think I was wrong for my standards against fat women and I don't think that that makes me shallow, nor is being attracted to thin/healthy weight women High Standards. I think its wrong to accept someone who is Overweight because you only support their unhealthy eating habits. I think that being overweight and not taking care of your body when in a relationship (or single) is selfish and shows that you have little care about attracting your mate. I can't get sexually turned on by big women. What do you think?

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mhkxqvLqD81qz4rgp.gif
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post gifs, so I am just re-posting this one.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Seriously I don't care who you date.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I really don't think this thread will go well...

However, I kinda somewhat agree. I'm single too. I've worked too hard to get where I am and still have a ways to go. I know my limits & weaknesses. I don't want to go with a guy who does not live at least a somewhat active & healthy lifestyle.

So just do what you need to do.

Eta: you might not wanna tell them WHY you're rejecting them???
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My take on this is that beauty comes in many forms.

Besides, not everyone who is fit is necessarily stick thin!!!!
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Why are you offended that they were offended by a topic that is very well known to be offensive?
    C'mon, bruh.
    Nothing wrong with not finding heavy women attractive, but if you want to keep your testes intact I'd suggest not blabbing about it.
    Also I think generalizing what people should find attractive or who they should date is a bit odd, nah?
    If we all liked the stereotypical attractive woman/man, The Rock would be fathering an entire nation of kids and VS models would meld chastity belts to their bodies to stave off the masses.

I do think it's silly billy biz that now you get torn down unless you date a big chick, because you know, "bones are for doges".
    So many women are insecure about their bodies due to x, y and z, but now that the majority of Western nations have an obesity epidemic so big has become the norm they're trying to mesh a healthy/accepting body attitude attached to a potentially unhealthy body weight. Thus the women using your cajones as a punching bag.

Advice: Stop talking about who you like to get jiggidy with.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Haven't you tried this topic here at least once before? I seem to recall it didn't go well that time, either.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    4fd.gif
    how.....fascinating
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I was recently called shallow online when I mentioned that I would not date a woman who is overweight. I wasn't rude or insulting about it, I merley said "sorry, i prefer my women thin or average". I was then shot down and told to "get used to my right hand" for the rest of my life and other insults, such as "your hardly Brad Pitt yourself". I mean what the hell?

Personally I do not think I was wrong for my standards against fat women and I don't think that that makes me shallow, nor is being attracted to thin/healthy weight women High Standards. I think its wrong to accept someone who is Overweight because you only support their unhealthy eating habits. I think that being overweight and not taking care of your body when in a relationship (or single) is selfish and shows that you have little care about attracting your mate. I can't get sexually turned on by big women. What do you think?

So what about this hypothetical?

You meet the girl of your dreams. She has, in your opinion, the perfect body. You fall in love. You get married. You have a kid or two. She gains 50 pounds and those curves that you once loved are no longer in the same places. For whatever reason, the love of your life decides that she prefers her new, more voluptuous body. Do you leave her because her body no longer fits your "type"?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    ZXLTT.gif
  • airbearlover
    airbearlover Posts: 240 Member
    Options

I don't think less of you for having a base preference for thin/average women. Everyone has a certain look or body type they are more readily attracted to. I understand this as it isn't fair to date someone you could never be attracted to and would secretly mock. (My first boyfriend did this to me when he wasn't verbal)
    On the other side of the coin you sound very judgmental of "fat" people, immature and most likely think you are a wonderful prize every woman would be lucky to have claimed was once theirs or is theirs currently.
    I haven't had a twinkie in over nine years. I eat 1500 calories or less and have most days for the last yr and a half and have a nice strong body under my fat. I eat mostly vegan and don't dabble in much sugars, carbs or fried foods. I have a thyroid problem however that makes my metabolism slower than the typical women my age which means I may often times be more plump than my friends who do eat cakes and giant subway sandwiches on their own like it's nothing.
    But according to you I must eat unhealthy and not work out because I am still overweight as per that BMI you guys loveto consult.
    If you don't like"fat" women, fine. No one should force you. But it's not cool you automatically assum all "fat" people eat unhealthy.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    479752_344500165672342_109294156_n.jpg
  • ambhj
    ambhj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I may or may not have snorted while laughing at Oprah and that damn book! :laugh:
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options

This gif also.

OP, get a life.
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Exactly.

Also, I wouldn't date you because you're a raging narcissist.
This discussion has been closed.