How often should you go to the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    There are loads of classes I want to try, but my working hours are a bummer. I work in London and most of the classes start at 6.00pm.
    Snap! And I have my long run at the weekend, so not much opportunity there!

Which gyms are you at? I go to Virgin Active and, I don't know about the London branches, but the one where I am has classes starting at all times of the day right up to 8pm.
  • faraworld
    faraworld Posts: 2
    Options
    I recommend going to the gym everyday. Granted that you don't do the same activity everyday. There should be 3 days really intense and four days less or mild exercises.

I find leaving the gym for 2 days might encourage me to be lazy. Plus, if I go everyday, i won't gain more weight, even if I'm not losing, the gym is my second home.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Bugger, sorry. Zombie thread...
  • littlemissfatty26
    Options
    I am a right fatty lol but I started going to my gym last Monday I have every weekend off and it's my first weekend I haven't gone and I must admit I really miss it never thought I wud say that i quit my job due to mental health reasons but I get up at half 6 and get to my gym for seven I don't worry about how long I go on lots of things and count my calories I burn but after a week of alot of hard work I was gutted I not lost anything but weighed myself today and I have lost three pound so I Carnt wait to go in the morning
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I like 5 days, two days rest.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym. I do all my exercising at home. I never liked the idea spending a bunch of money for something I can do for free at home. I am just cheap like that lol.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I go 4 times a week but I do have stairs at home, so I walk an hour when I am not at the gym.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and try a range of activities and classes.

I'm currently finding it very difficult to force myself to take a rest day (and end up going in the evening for BodyBalance).