getting back on track

Options
I'm just curious of how long people can fall off the wagon and still manage to get back on track. I'm in need of motivation because now i'm stuck in this 'oh i've already ruined all my progress i may as well not bother trying again' mentality. I was fine for over a year with my attempted lifestyle change but now it's been almost 3 weeks now of no exercise and absolutely horrible diet of nothing substantial or remotely nutritious.

What's the longest amount of time you've fallen of the wagon for and how did you get back on track and how much was your progress affected when and if this has happened to you?

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    it does not matter. Just get back on track! We all fall, it's the winners that don't stop getting up!!!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    it does not matter. Just get back on track! We all fall, it's the winners that don't stop getting up!!!

YUP!!! That is why Nike says "Just Do It!"
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    I initially started my 'healthy living/lose weight' journey in 2011. I was doing well for a while and seeing results, but then life happened and I completely fell off. I'm back at this after a few years, but like the others have said, it's not about what we didn't do in the past but about what we can do from here on out! Accountability and sharing ideas with others really helps. :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I had an 8 month stint that I didn't track and gained weight back. I just decided that enough was enough, and started again. Feel free to add me for encouragement.