Low calorie snacks - suggestions please?

Options
what is your favourite low calorie snack? I'm currently munching on oatcakes, bananas, sultanas and cashew nuts and need new ideas. Preferably things that do not require too much cooking as I have a 3m old girl.

Thanks all x

Replies

• bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    I love the various 100 calorie snack packs.

Try to find some recipes on www.food.com.
  • minannan
    minannan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try Thomas bagel thins toasted w/low fat strawberry cream cheese & kiwi slices :)
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Fruits are always winners. I love tangerines, peaches and berries. How about baby carrots? Different kinds of nuts can help with energy and they can be filling. Also you can find some fat free or sugar free jello individual packets that are pretty good and low cal. There are also a ton of 100 calorie snacks out there, but watch the salt content if you have trouble with salt.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod there is a great free app called snack app. It gives you options for salty, sweet, chocolate etc. and you can even tell it how many calories you want to use.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    gotta say fruit(not bananas),or snack a jacks rice cakes yummy
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I get boxes mailed to me from graze.com (in the UK). It takes a little while to make sure that the snacks they send are low cal - some of the boxes are over 200 cals, but it works for me and has helped me stop eating crisps and chocolate.

C
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    Arctic Zero makes a great "ice cream" that is only 150 calories for a PINT!

I buy it at Whole Foods
  • fatBgone80
    Options
    yummmm. i might try that. :happy:
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like crumpets (95cals), mini breadsticks or veg crudites with low fat houmous, oatcakes with cottage cheese, sharon fruit, figs, grapes, tangerines, rice cakes.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker crisps and Laughing cow cheese wedge (french Onion)

Tastes like chips and dips!

145 calories for 30 crisps and 1 wedge!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Cant go wrong with fruits and veggies :)
    Low calories...eat more. win win
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks and salsa. The celery gives it the crunch that a tortilla chip will and it's one of those snacks that I can eat until I'm satisfied. 2 celery sticks and 2 tbsp of salsa usually do it for me and it's about 30 calories.
  • linzbclark
    Options
    I love snacks!!! So I do the whole fruit thing but I am also on the go, so in my purse I carry with me 90 calorie Fiber one bars (to also get my fiber in) I also love the 100 calorie Special K Fruit Crisps (Strawberry is so delish) fat free frozen yogurt, pistacchios. I LOVE food! Ha
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Try Thomas bagel thins toasted w/low fat strawberry cream cheese & kiwi slices :)

Wow this sounds delicious!
  • curleesam
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod there is a great free app called snack app. It gives you options for salty, sweet, chocolate etc. and you can even tell it how many calories you want to use.

Great tip! Thanks!
  • curleesam
    Options
    Some great alternatives there. Thanks everyone! I think I may try the celery and salsa tonight!!
  • V_for_vieve
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes - you can eat 10 for 31 calories! I lurrve them, if they're ripe it's like eating a bowl of sweets!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Berries, berries, berries. Low cal, full of nutriets and fiber, and so delicious :)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I like low fat/skim string cheese, maybe with a few triscuits or whole grain crackers, cherries, and Special K bars (90 calories) - obviously not all at once!!! ;)
  • cmrich0511
    Options
    I like to mix up my stuff, because I get bored really easy. For my snacks, I've been eating the following:

1 c. strawberry halves, approx 50 calories
    1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese & 5 or 6 baby carrots, 60 calories
    Light yogurt (not brand specific), 6 oz is approx 80 calories
    Kelloggs Special K snack bars, 90 calories-- just as filling as all the 100 calorie stuff, with 10 less calories