Couch to 5k buddy?

Options
Hi, I'm starting the NHS 'Couch to 5k' 9 week plan on wednesday (for the third time :L) is anyone starting/completing it think they would like a buddy system to keep motivated? If so comment below! :)

I previously got to week 7 before giving up, this time I'm entering a 5K run a few weeks after my estimated completion date to keep myself going.

Replies

• marricurt
    marricurt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am starting my first attempt on Monday. I would love an online running partner! Am based in Australia... :flowerforyou: Have sent FR..
  • EAL1985
    EAL1985 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would love a buddy! I got to week 6 last time, before giving up :( Feel free to friend me and Hopefully we can get through it! The Race for the Cure is here at the end of September so I would have a goal!!
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think about starting it this week as well. I haven't decided which day. Kind of thinking about a Wed-Sat-Sun type of schedule.
  • heatherandimran
    heatherandimran Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    would love to start the program and have a buddy. Please friend me
  • Melissface
    Melissface Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting this week! There is a 5k I want to 'run' the beginning of October.. Anyone feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated :)
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'd love to start this program! I did a 5K yesterday for fun and did better than I thought but did have to walk/jog... my goal is to run the entire time.
  • iamadreamer2
    Options
    I'd like to help motivate! I am doing it right now and I am on week 5. This is also my third time trying to complete it as well and I am starting to wane on my motivation. Go ahead and add me if you are interested in motivating each other!
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    To everyone who is waning on motivation, try the Ease Into 5k plan. It's a little easier, IMO, than Couch 2 5k because there aren't large jumps in weeks 5-8. Also, I'm on week 6 of EI5k, and would love more friends! :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone for starting! It's a great program; it got me running after numerous attempts to run on my own (all that failed).
    This group is very supportive and active: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

There are always those beginning, those in the middle and those who have graduated the program commenting and supporting each other.

If you're having troubles with a day or a week, try slowing down your pace before giving up and walking.
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    How do you guys long your couch to 5k runs? Just starting it on today or Monday. Is there an easy way to sync it with MFP?
  • nurse_ratty
    nurse_ratty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hi i am doing it too im on wk 7 now, i repeated wk 6 and that helped otherwise it just felt to big of a step - keep up the god work!eel free to add me on here for a buddy
    &
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How do you guys long your couch to 5k runs? Just starting it on today or Monday. Is there an easy way to sync it with MFP?

There are a couple of phone apps that sync up with MyFitnessPal:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps?query=c25k
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just figured it out- thank you! Was trying to set it up via my computer, but realized I had to do it on my phone instead.

Thanks again!
  • alhv14
    alhv14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a plan that I like, and plan on start sometime this week.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I started and im on W3D2.

would love some C25K friends. Happy for people to add me that are doing the C25K aswell.:smooched:

I finished this last year but life happened and well im back here again. I enjoy the program.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    W5D2

Great little slow jog. 2 lots of 8min jogs (slow) went well....

Now the big 20min very slow jog on friday coming up....