Binges :(

Options
Last night my mom arrived late, so my dad and sister prepared some snacks for her. My sister did a whole-wheat flour blueberry cake. And didn't eat much, about 1 and a half slices, but my stomach has been shrienking so I really can't eat that much, and I started feeling like throwing up. I woke up this morning feeling bloated, so I just drank water and coffee and stayed in bed (I suffer from reflux? so I couldn't exercise). I finally felt hungry (but still very bloated) so I ate a fruit salad (banana, apple, 2 kiwis) and a low-fat yogurt (about 88 calories). Now I feel like I ate a TONE and feel like throwing up again. I can feel my stomach expanding and I really don't want that. Any advice on how to make this stop? Or what should I eat? Should I eat lunch or even dinner if I'm still bloated and nauseaus?

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really sounds like you "binged" to me - sounds like normal portions of fruit and yogurt.. And one and a half slices of a cake made with whole wheat and blueberry? Sounds delicious and nutritious.

Do you often feel nauseous after you eat? That could be a variety of things - allergy, digestive issues, not eating enough, or anxiety about eating.

Drink some water, try and relax, and eat lunch and dinner. Sometimes bloat just happens because there is food in your stomach. It's not always reflection of you eating poorly.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    Your stomach doesn't actually shrink, it just gets used to less food..it doesn't sound like you binged at all, maybe you just feel guilty because it was cake...I would just drink plenty of water to flush out the excess water since you feel bloated and eating things like yogurt are good too, but it really doesn't sound like you over ate, i wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • back2thestart
    Options
    weightlifting- Yes, I usually do feel bloated after eating, that's why I tend to eat very little portions of food. It started a few months ago, when I started my vegetarian diet. Does it have anything to do or am I just making that up? Thanks for the help :smile:
    love8383- Oh, that must be it. As I said, I do tend to eat very little portions for BF, Lunch and Dinner (I don't eat snacks because I'm not actually hungry enough). Thanks for the advice :smile:
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    weightlifting- Yes, I usually do feel bloated after eating, that's why I tend to eat very little portions of food. It started a few months ago, when I started my vegetarian diet. Does it have anything to do or am I just making that up? Thanks for the help :smile:
    love8383- Oh, that must be it. As I said, I do tend to eat very little portions for BF, Lunch and Dinner (I don't eat snacks because I'm not actually hungry enough). Thanks for the advice :smile:

You may have increased your fiber intake when you started eating vegetarian. More fiber than you're used too can cause bloat, but I'm not sure how long it is supposed to last once your diet changes.

I wouldn't say you are making it up, but you may want to think critically about your relationship with food and see if their are any connections between how you feel physically and what are you feeling. Like love8383 said - if you are feeling guilty about what you would consider a binge, it may cause you physical discomfort.