Feeling worried for the future

Options
I have done so well losing 22 bls in the first 90 days. My body is taking on another plateau.
I stuck with vegetables and meats during the first two month months strickly, then the same order got tiring
So I added a granola bar or something else for the count as long asi didn't go over.

I know what I need to eat--- sometimes it's so hard dealing with the stress from my job, and hanging out with people
With people who like to spend money and choose non nutritious places to eat.

I've had two cheat days this week. Yikes!!!!!

I'm not going to load on a lot of pounds that way.

My main worry is I'm going to fall back into my old habits especially
With halloween and Christmas around the corner. In the past, I don't do well around theses
Holidays. Summer is a lot easier with it being warm and everything.

:embarassed: :explode:

Replies

• NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been there. It makes it worse to worry. I'm just getting back on the horse after A LOT of stuff the past year. With all the stress, I gained back 10lbs so needless to say I'm frustrated. All we can do is turn the worrying into action and motivation. That's what I'm trying at least. Also I'm gonna try being a more active member of the MFP community, Talking with people who have the same mind set as me will hopefully help.
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    To be honest, the best way you can go about it (I think) is just to keep logging. You might overeat some days, but just keep doing it. If you stop, it's going to be much easier to fall back into bad eating habits. But I personally find that the act of logging itself (especially if I pre-log my food) stops me from overeating (not always, I still have bad binge nights).
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can still go out to eat with friends, you just have to learn portion control and use good judgement. You can pretty much eat anything if you control portions.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate OP. I've been in a pattern the last few years where I can be pretty good the rest of the year, but October through December is my downfall. I usually put on 5 to 10 lbs (or more) during the holidays. The good news is I've proven to myself I can take it off starting with the new year.

I'm changing up my strategy this year to accept reality and at least get some benefit from it. I'm going to do a bulk October through January to try and take advantage of the extra calories I know I'll be eating anyway. I have the confidence I'll be able to take the weight gain off with the new year and hopefully will end up with a little more lean mass. So maybe try to use your weakness to your advantage.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Do you normally eat at local restaurants or at chain restaurants when you go out with friends? If you stick to chain restaurants, you can determine the calories for three or four different entrees (or sandwiches or whatever) and rotate between them. If not, a chicken caesar salad with the dressing and the croutons on the sid is generally a safe bet. When I go to dog shows I can't fix my own meals, so I have a bunch of low(ish)-calorie go-to meals at McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's and so on. And a Veggie Lover's Personal Pan Pizza from Pizza Hut is "only" 560 calories for the whole blessed thing--perfect for active show weekends! As long as the food fits your calorie goals and macros, I say try not to worry too much about it.
  • bluesy8899
    bluesy8899 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I struggle with binge eating disorder. I tend to binge when I'm trying to deal with negative emotions. I've been logging for almost a year and found that even when I do have a binging episode, I still log it. It helps to get it out of my head and in print. I learned that I typically did not eat as much as I thought I had and to see the nutritional breakdown and calories help put what I did into perspective. It takes eating an extra 3500 calories to create an additional pound, that's a lot. Learning to put this into perspective has helped me maintain a more healthy way of looking at food and to deal with the negative self talk that surrounds a binge eating episode. It has also been cathartic to keep an open diary, letting others see what I'm doing takes some of the shame away from the disorder. All the best to you in your healthy lifestyle changes
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably not worth stressing out over. It'll just get worse if you're paranoid, you know? Relax, take it one meal at a time, always log and keep an eye out for trends. Holidays might stall your progress a little, but if you log and take responsibility the next day and the day after that and the day after that, it won't magically come back.

It's gonna be fine. :]
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    You do know you don't have to stick to just meat and veg, right?
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can still go out to eat with friends, you just have to learn portion control and use good judgement. You can pretty much eat anything if you control portions.

I will decide what I'm going to have before I go. The only issue I'm having is the sodium in restaurant food but careful planning is helping with that.
  • alpinehealth
    alpinehealth Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want just stay under your calorie maintenance. As others have said portion control is key!