College Student Looking to Make a Change!

Options
Hi! I'm Abbey and I'm 19 years old. I go to college in Indiana. I have been overweight most of my life, probably since the age of 12 or 13. I have lost and gained weight several times, but since I've been in school, I've gained all of the weight (and then some) that I had lost in high school back. (That Freshman 15 is no joke). Now, I'm going to have my own apartment next year, so I'll be able to cook for myself. My campus also has a really nice Rec Center where I can work out for free. I'm hoping the combination of these two things will help keep me healthy, but I'm trying to get a head start while I'm still at home for the summer.

I am looking for some yummy healthy recipes to make while I'm at school, since I haven't had a ton of experience cooking for myself! :) I also don't know how many people my age use MFP, but I'm hoping to meet some people around my age who are on the same weight loss journey as I am.

Replies

• LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im 23 and I started my journey in January. being young and trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle can be challenging but it is definitely doable. I have lost 35 Lbs in 7 months and I feel better than ever! feel free to add my to view my diary and motivate each other.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would be happy to help encourage you. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • AileenElizaFitz
    AileenElizaFitz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!!
    In a similar boat.
    I CANNOT wait to go back to school if only to be on a schedule and have access to a gym all the time.
    You can do it :)!!!
  • LMYERS94
    LMYERS94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm headed off to college as well, and looking for friends who are in the same predicament...the freshman/sophomore weight caught up to me too :( Anyone feel free to add me as well!!
  • kwatson28
    kwatson28 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 22 and I was/am in the same boat you are! I know all about that Freshman 15. I lost it and it came back worse. Feel free to add me, I'm looking for friends with the same goal!
  • silvanshadow
    Options
    Hey! I will be a sophomore in college this year, and my freshman 15 were more like freshman 25. This year is all about making better food decisions and sticking with my workouts. Feel free to add me!! :)
  • hoshana42
    hoshana42 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Abbey!

I too am in the same boat as you. I'm 22 and I'll be going into my final year of college. I'll be living in an apartment as well and thus am responsible for my own cooking. (I'm so glad to be getting away from the unhealthy dorm food!!) My goal this year is to stick to my healthy eating (which I've been doing for a month now!), continue exercising on a daily basis, and to restrict the amount of drinking/partying I do.

Keep up the good work! We can get through this together! :D And everyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • eeriesilence
    eeriesilence Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 21, also a uni student who fell prey to the freshman 15 (....except it didn't stop my freshman year). Feel free to add me!
  • kayleshay
    Options
    Hey! I'm 18 and I'll be a sophomore in college and I'm also in the same boat making the change to be healthy and get to a healthier weight. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a full time student majoring in political science in Texas. I am so ready to get back to campus courses, online classes give me too much free time