Cardio and P90X

Options
Does anybody do cardio when they do P90X or do you just do the P90?

Replies

• mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    P90X has cardio days
  • ScottMcCormick22
    Options
    Do you reccomend treadmill or running or stuff like that after your workout?
  • cozzy530
    Options
    The Plyo and Kempo are pure cardio days. Depending on what program you are doing (lean/regular) you are doing two cardio per week at least. Having finished P90X and currently doing insanity I went from running 3 miles to 5 miles with sprints after doing P90X
  • stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey Scott,
    The program has cardio embedded. I found that I had to add cardio to really get the fat burn I desire.
    Give it a try and it's always ok to modify. I'm also training for a 1/2 marathon while completing p90x so it really helps to have the extra burn.

Stacey
  • cozzy530
    Options
    Katie great job on your goals and meeting them. Keep up the good work as it is definately working.
  • sbechdel
    sbechdel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been doing both although mrscates is correct, they include cardio workouts in P90X. I have always been a runner, and about a month ago I switched from running daily to P90X to workout with my fiance. I noticed in the first week or two that I really still needed to run because it is the way I let go of all my stress. The P90X system has you alternate between strength days and cardio and the days I do strength (arms, legs...) I just take a run afterwards. It's exhausting sometimes (today was Core and I did a run) but I am loosing more weight now than when I was just running daily. Hope this helps!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Does anybody do cardio when they do P90X or do you just do the P90?

Hey Scott,

As has been stated by many already. P90X has cardio built into the program. However I have heard of people adding in additional cardio if they feel they are not getting enough. I hope this helps, and if you have any questions please let me know.

Stu

p.s. I am currently doing a hybrid of P90X and Couch to 5k. Which basically means I am subbing in the C25k on the days I would have normally had a P90X cardio work out.
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    For the first round I just did the Plyo, Yoga and Kenpo. Now that I'm on round 2, I'm doubling up cardio days. I will do an hour on the bike on the days I do Plyo, an hour on the bike instead of Yoga - but I also play hockey on this day as my double, and I've just started doing a spinning class on the Kenpo days.

I'm training for 200 km bike ride in June, so I have to get on the bike, but dont want to stop doing p90x.