Whole Wheat vs Mutli Grain Bread?

Options
eric5577
eric5577 Posts: 65 Member
What is better for you? I thought Multi Grain was, but I was told I was wrong. I thought Wheat was not the best, I was told I am wrong...so which is it???

I eat the Multi Grain sandwhich flats which are 100cal for 1.....

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Is this from the same nutritionist who told you not to eat avocados, nuts, or beans?

Just eat bread that has lots of unprocessed grains. Whole wheat is good, multi grain is good. If you want "healthy" bread look for stuff with no high fructose corn syrup. And just don't eat a ton of bread, its high calorie and not very filling.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat = whole grain. Multi grain = more than one grain. It might be whole grains, it might not be. My understanding is that whole grains are healthier. (And remember: less calories does not necessarily mean healthier...) Hope this helps answer your question!
  • Baker7850
    Baker7850 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    With multi-grain breads I like to check the ingredients to see what it's actually made of (and see if it's ACTUALLY made with whole grains).
  • MaidensAndMonsters
    Options
    I heartily recommend an Ezekial sprouted type bread. It's a perfect protein and whole grain simultaneously. Delicious too!
  • eric5577
    Options
    Is this from the same nutritionist who told you not to eat avocados, nuts, or beans?

Just eat bread that has lots of unprocessed grains. Whole wheat is good, multi grain is good. If you want "healthy" bread look for stuff with no high fructose corn syrup. And just don't eat a ton of bread, its high calorie and not very filling.

LOL...she said it was basicaly white bread with seeds thrown on it.....
  • eric5577
    Options
    I have to be honest, I find breads one of the harder things to decide on....I could stand ther for an hr looking at breads....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Do not spend too much time looking at breads.
    Whole wheat bread is slightly better than regular wheat bread. Only slightly.
    I do not eat bread. I would rather get my nutrition from other starches -- but that is just a choice of mine.

I agree about the Ezekiel. Some stores only sell it in the freezer section.
    Link to Ezekiel bread:
    http://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/ezekiel-49-sesame-sprouted-whole-grain-bread
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Multi grain is typically not whole grains. I typically go with the one that has the fewest calories/most fiber per slice.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Multi grain still has white refined crap in it ( enriched) 100% whole wheat does not.. and typically has more fiber.... I never touch anything but 100% whole wheat or sprouted whole wheat! which is my fav!