When is the best time to weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• annaholden65
    Options
    It doesn't matter as long as its the same time of day and the same day. i weigh in once a week, on a sunday evening (after being naughty at the weekend!) when I am probably at my heaviest. That way, if I ever get the urge to weigh myself in between weigh ins, I usually get a pleasent surprise!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do it on Friday mornings, I get up at 5am and weigh at 9am, after a few trips to potty to do "both" duties, believe me it helps.
  • Sez1983
    Options
    I weigh myself after I eat in the morning, because I want to see how much I weigh WITH food in my system, otherwise what's the point? :)

I quite agree!!
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm weighing myself once a week after one of my gym sessions. I don't have a scale at home and right now I can't afford one. I'm perfectly happy using the gym's scale. Here's hoping I'll be able to weigh in next week at around the same day and time. If not, I'm not too bothered with it as I'm down to my last little bit. However, if you have more to lose, I think a routine would be best. I'm a fan of the mornings myself :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Morning!!! Thats your true weight. Your body can fluctuate 2lbs in one day. Your best bet is to weigh yourself at the same time once a week. I usually weight myself every monday morning right before I jump in the shower. It's troublesome to weigh yourself everyday or even multiple times a day since your weight changes so much in 24 hrs. Keep patient! It'll pay off.
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks for that :: DDDDDDD
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    "Your body can fluctuate 2lbs in one day."

More than that. I just gained 2 pounds in 30 mintues drinking 32 ounces of water from my nalgene.

The reason you weigh in before breakfast instead of after breakfast is to remove the variability in weight of your breakfast. Let's say one morning for breakfast you eat toast and egg whites with a 16 ounce glass of OJ. That would be 1.2 to 1.4 pounds gain. Let's say another morning you eat a grapefruit, cereal with milk, and a 24 ounce glass of milk. I'd estimate that to be a 3 pound breakfast. So, based on a different breakfast, you'd be "fooled" to believing you were heavier.

Either way, I still think the best way to track your progress is not through weight:

Body fat percentage
    Body measurements (Belly, waist, hips, etc.)
    Aerobic Threshhold (VO2Max)
    How fast you can run a mile
    And so on.
  • Statick1
    Statick1 Posts: 1
    Options
    The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after your bathroom visit and before breakfast. It makes absolutely no sense to weigh yourself after you eat because it is not an accurate representation of your actual weight.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I take a bathroom break but before I eat anything.

Also I have a body fat scale, even if the number is not 100% accurate (they are not 100% accurate as far as the actual % if you had it measured with the best methods) if you have a baseline you have been working with from the start, they help to keep track of if you are actually losing the fat you want to lose.
  • kasia0895
    kasia0895 Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh myself at around 11am (I get up 8-9am). I allow my body to loose a bit of water weight through out the night and then go to the loo and walk around a bit :):smile:
  • iamhbear
    Options
    Weigh yourself before breakfast. Do it only once a week.

43347471.png
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Same time each weigh in is best.