I celebrated 280 days of logging, diet & exercise...

Options
ScottH_200
ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
...by walking 7 straight miles and riding my bike 4 miles this morning. Why, you ask? Just because I could. Nine months ago I couldn't walk from the parking lot into the store without my back killing me and being short of breath. I'm down 97 lbs in these last 9 months and I'm damn proud of myself! ;-) No fancy macro micro calibrating nutrient plan, just a common sense calories in calories out routine mixed up with some exercise. Still have 38lbs to goal, but I'm getting there. Cheers!

Replies

• Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations~! That is a tremendous accomplishment! I hope to accomplish the same over the next
    year or so.
  • dwmoook
    dwmoook Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done - its an amazing feeling doing something just because you can and because you couldn't do it before.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Congratulations~! That is a tremendous accomplishment! I hope to accomplish the same over the next
    year or so.

You can do it! Plan the work and work the plan is my routine.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Well done - its an amazing feeling doing something just because you can and because you couldn't do it before.

Amen to that!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!! Well done for sticking it out. And it is not that hard right? Once we learn that "calories in vs calories out" thing, life is just so much easier!! No fancy snancy diet plan, deprivation and starvation to lose weight. Keeping it plain and simple is key.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Love it!!!! Well done for sticking it out. And it is not that hard right? Once we learn that "calories in vs calories out" thing, life is just so much easier!! No fancy snancy diet plan, deprivation and starvation to lose weight. Keeping it plain and simple is key.

Yep. I haven't had one raspberry keytone either, imagine that ;-)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - and great way to celebrate. I think I want to take the kayak out later...I turned 21 today. Well, 21 days of logging in consistently...LOL!!!!
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! :-)
  • redles13
    redles13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SALUTE!!!!!!!!. Outstanding Effort!!!!!!
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is fantastic and I'm glad you're proud of yourself! Love your dig at ketones too... :laugh:
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Well done, that is fantastic and I'm glad you're proud of yourself! Love your dig at ketones too... :laugh:

I do like Diet Pepsi though. Is that on the "clean" list? ;-)
  • CagedBirdSings
    CagedBirdSings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration and no-nonsense too! Just before beginning to log here at MFP a week ago, I had been doing a lot of thinking about diets and the industry and how many I've been on and all of the desperation for something to work. And then one day I thought, "I've dieted successfully before but gained the weight back afterwards because I didn't really change my habits, so I'll change my habits first. And if I change my habits, then I don't need a diet because my body will go back to what it's supposed to be."

Stupid diet industry.

Anyway, this thread is about you. Thanks for sharing!!!!! And Congratulations!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    There is no magic bullet...

You can do it!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    whoop whoop! Way to go!
  • ClairAnnex
    ClairAnnex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is a huge achievement in such a short space of time! :happy:
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job you've done! 97 in 9 months is awesome.
    Best wishes in going all the way! :flowerforyou:
  • Lois_Lane1001
    Lois_Lane1001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, what an achievement.... Well done!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    These are the posts that make me stand up and cheer! Congratulations on all of your success! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!