I did it with ARBY's.

Options
nikkihk
nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
Hell yes folks, I have reached my goal weight. (My ticker is a liar BTW... I like to track two pounds above for water/angry girl week fluctuation).. I'm not gonna lie to you and claim it was steamed veggies and fish that helped me get there, cuz I only ate salmon once and I didn't love it.

So what did I do might you ask? Well, refer to the topic title. LOL!

Honestly, I started out all salads, clean meals, nuts and lean meat. All it did was frustrate me and forced me to plateau so many times I wanted to lipo to save myself the trouble. It wasn't until I stopped stressing over wanting french fries and cheese cake that the pounds fell off like warm butter on that dinner roll I often talked myself out of having.

I mean sure... I still have a salad for lunch. BUT... I LOVE Bleu Cheese Dressing so the green leafy stuff is justified. And what exactly did I lose?

Between January (when I really started tracking) and today? I am down.... *drum roll* .....31 POUNDS!!!! NOW, my journey isn't over unfortunately. I'm about to embark on the next destination, enter... heavy weights! From here I have the task of slowly increasing my caloric intake and getting my lazy *kitten* back into the gym to tone those muscles I had hiding under my winter warmth. I'm rather excited about it really, not something i would have said 6 months ago.

I attribute this step in to a better me to the following:

Arby's... for always having a hot mega roast beef ready for when I wanted a serious protein boost.
My Fitness Pal... For keeping me accountable to every damn morsel. Jerk.
Hummus.. You make a brilliant chip dip.
McDonald's... Placing cal counts on your drive through menu was PURE GENIUS.
Tic Tac's... My sweet tooth appreciates your sugary low calorie alternative to woofing down an entire cheese cake.

And last... Everyone on MFP who said diets are stupid... that LIFESTYLE is the only way to successfully lose/maintain. Don't get me wrong? "Vegiketoatkinaleogan" probably works for some people who can deal with elimination diets, and more power to you!!

But me?

I like french fries, cherry pie, mini donuts, hamburgers, and pizza WAY too much to not have them for months at a time... I learned how to fit them into my calorie goals and I was HAPPY though out my entire "diet".

Oh, and did I mention I barely hit the gym?

Anyway here's a before/after pic:

PhotoGrid_1404444954066_zpsaf6fbd1c.jpg?t=1404448018

The two larger photos are today, the smaller ones are from the beginning and middle of my journey. So, wish me luck in the next phase!! And if you have gone from skinny fat to fabulous? I can use all of the friend/support/advice I can get!

THANK YOU MFP!!!

Replies

• PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    :D I love this story.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!

I miss Arby's so much :sad: Australian fast food sucks.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!

:laugh:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Good job. Salad is a waste of time.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!

My husband is a GM for Arby's, so I get it for free. :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Funny I saw this.

Brian Dudzinski, a competitive eater, ONLY eats processed foods and is pro baseball pitcher. And has abs.

Good job. Just remember that it's still important to get in your MICRONUTRIENTS for optimal health and they usually are lacking in fast foods.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I find when I start getting rid of certain foods, my motivation goes away as well. I am doing basically the same thing as you, and each week, seeing a loss. The only thing is making sure that everything is weighed and measured for accurate calorie counts. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I love this story! :-) Great Job! :drinker:
  • 90to20
    90to20 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    love love LOVE!
  • Sparky1030
    Sparky1030 Posts: 163
    Options
    I LOVE Arby's too along with many of the other foods you mentioned, pizza, sweets (not good when you're diabetic), chocolate of any kind. Your post was fun to read and I'm so happy for you that it is working. For me I have to watch my sodium intake and don't look now because you look great, but the sodium content in almost every fast food place is out of sight. So me, being my own advocate, I sent letters to McDonald's (didn't reply), Arby's, DQ, KFC and a few others to ask them why they need to have such high levels of sodium in their food. No wonder my ankles swell up when I eat there. I do want you to know I'm in no way saying this can't work for you or anyone else. It's just my crazy body blows up like a balloon when I eat anything salty. Loved your Tat, as well. Keep up the great work you are doing, Looking great!

Chris
  • nikkihk
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!! I'm pretty happy with my progress and excited to not have to give up on food I loved!! There is no "cheat day" if you cheat every day!! Lol!
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hahaha arbys woooooo
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I havent had arbys in like 15 years, i might have to try it soon there is one in my area now hahah
  • nikkihk
    Options
    I havent had arbys in like 15 years, i might have to try it soon there is one in my area now hahah

DO IT...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Never been overweight but I was sort of skinny fat for a while until a few years ago. I have no idea what my bodyfat was but I had never set foot in a gym. Now sitting at 12-14% bodyfat, not really from heavy lifting but from boxing, running, weights circuits, cycling and plenty of walking. Also maybe genetics. Good luck and well done thus far. I love pizza, chocolate and cake is my current passion.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I like french fries, cherry pie, mini donuts, hamburgers, and pizza WAY too much to not have them for months at a time... I learned how to fit them into my calorie goals and I was HAPPY though out my entire "diet".

Well written. I had a whole list of rules for myself when I started MFP and number one was no food is forbidden and then everything must be recorded the good, the bad and the ugly. I have to say when I can only have something once in a while, I make sure I enjoy every mouthful. Like you I have enjoyed my eating for the 8 months and -30# I have been on MFP.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Are you dating jonnythan?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Are you dating jonnythan?

He prefers Taco Bell.

OP, congrats!
    I used to love Arby's as a kid but I went to one when I was in college and it was so disappointing, I haven't been back (it's been like 4 years too lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!