Dresses and skirts: thighs sore from rubbing together

Options
Obviously a question for the women:

What do you do to keep your thighs from getting all red and sore when they rub together while wearing a dress or skirt?
It's starting to get quite painful, but it's way too warm to put on anything else.
I just keep putting bodylotion on, but that's only helping so much.

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    deodorant actually works wonders!!! i do that if i'm going to be walking around in shorts all day or at a theme park in the heat (FL), totally works!!! Obviously use the clear gel though lol
  • Xoe4
    Xoe4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lanacane I believe makes an anti chafing gel. Talcum powder (baby powder) works as well I find.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    We have Curash here in Australia, not sure if you have it there.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga shorts under my dresses
  • platyguin
    platyguin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've always used baby powder, but I think I'll try deodorant and see how that goes! Never really thought of using it for anti-chaffing purposes. :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i never wore dresses and shorts for that exact reason. just bought my first pair of shorts in years!!!
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Monistat makes an anti-chafing gel. It's also a really good makeup primer believe it or not!
  • ShrinkingMuslimah
    ShrinkingMuslimah Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always wear cotton leggings under my dresses/skirts. The cotton makes it breathable so I don't get too hot, and it puts some fabric there so my thighs don't get sore, also they cover my legs in case the wind blows my skirt up, or in case it gets caught in something and pulls up.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I swear by using deodorant myself. Gave it a try one day when it was way to hot to wear leggings, and no rash.
  • brettannecondon
    brettannecondon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I swear by BodyGlide - it is meant for runners and you can get it on amazon or at sporting goods stores! It looks like a deodorant stick and goes on clear and non-greasy.
  • ashleyhigg396
    Options
    I second the Monistat chafing gel as both chafing gel and makeup primer. :)
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I swear by BodyGlide - it is meant for runners and you can get it on amazon or at sporting goods stores! It looks like a deodorant stick and goes on clear and non-greasy.

I've tried this. It does work pretty well.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide or any athletic anti-chafe, (for a budget cream, many cyclists use diaper cream, nappy cream for saddle sores, abrasions)
  • kathyhinsh
    Options
    Fab hints ladies, I've just been out to dinner, in a dress!, but wore shorts underneath to prevent chafing.
    I'll definitely try the anti-chafing cream tho, as it's really too warm to wear shorts underneath atm!
  • Pixiemops
    Pixiemops Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cotton cropped leggings for me. I have them in black, navy, white and several shades of grey. Also seems to stop insect bites higher up the legs when sat outside on a summer evening. I am normally the sacrificial human.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    since many years I have worn silkysmoth underpants like these:
    http://www.lisg.dk/pi/Gude-Trusser_1909_186.aspx
    They are just wonderful. no more burning. it´s a miracle. I´m sure you can find them in different brands where you shop for underwear in your country. good luck.
  • HCG73
    HCG73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've just bought a pair of Sloggi basic long briefs in nude for this exact reason. Very comfy and not at all hot, even in this heat. I tried deodorant but it wore off after a short while, as did talc.

If only I could just slim down my thunder thighs!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally tried it but have seen numerous people swear by Silky Underwear by Lush.

http://www.lushusa.com/Silky-Underwear-Dusting-Powder/03634,en_US,pd.html

However, the first ingredient is cornstarch so you might get the same effect from using that! :smile:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Underarm deodorant. I use it all the time.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Vaseline works wonders and you can carry a little tin easily in your bag and top it up if necessary! I tried talc but it quickly sweats off in hot weather, and it is harder to reapply if you are out. :)