Staying on track while camping?

Options
I'm going camping for 5 days later this week. While I'm not in charge of the food, I did help with the shopping so I know what my options will be. We've loaded up on fresh fruits, veggies, lunchmeats, cheeses, and limited the junk food to chips which I'm not a fan of anyway.

Unfortunately I'll have no cell or internet service where we're going, so tracking won't be an option. I'll have to see if the app will work without an internet connection. When you go camping (if you do), do you make a full effort to stay on track with your eating, or do you relax a little bit for the sake of being on vacation and not having access to your normal foodstuffs?

Replies

• JoeCampbell85
    Options
    I go camping every now and then, but not for 5 days. I generally just relax and control portions. You can't freak out about things you can't control. Just don't pig out and keep moving and you'll probably make it out ok.
  • salobrau
    salobrau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When we camp, I tend to worry less about calories and work on moderation. 1 smore instead of 3, 1 hotdog instead of 2 etc. We usually are more active when camping so the exercise helps. I've usually gained some weight but its from the more salty foods and not drinking enough water. Have fun.