craving for macdonalds

Options
Tanie98
Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
Today I am craving for double cheese burger with fries and pespi from Macdonalds. Unfortunately I have already used up my calories for the day and I don't have much to cover all that.I only have about 800 left after exercise.If I am still craving tomorrow then I might give in in th afternoon and find a way to fit it into my calorie goal. Do you give into your cravings

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Yes I give in to cravings, I'm just responsible about it. Today I got a frozen yogurt with butterfinger pieces. I got a small but only ate half of it. That was enough for me. It's worked for me enough to lose 60 lbs.
  • corksterfl87
    corksterfl87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gotta admit I :heart: my cheat days! Once a week I'll give in. The rest of the days, just have to remember to stay strong!
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well, I always give in to my cravings, however in this case yours will be difficult to satisfy since McDonalds only sells Coke, not Pepsi lol.

Joking aside, fit it in to your calorie goal and you'll thank yourself.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I mostly crave ice cream. I eat it maybe once a month. The problem is that if I buy ice cream...I'll eat the whole container. And usually, my husband wants a different flavor, so I end up eating my pint and half of his pint (he has better self-control).

I try to do something less calorie dense most of the time like a glass of chocolate almond milk or a fruit smoothie.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    it depends on what it is: if I'm trying to stop smoking, giving in to treat myself would be not so great. I feel the same way about hugely unhealthy foods.

My trick when I crave something that is truly horrific is to try to narrow down what it is about the food that I want: is it greasy? salty? sweety? etc. b/c once I figure that out, sometimes I can find something that will be just as satisfying without feeding an "addiction" so to speak .

Good luck figuring it out!
  • ChunkLaFunk
    ChunkLaFunk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No never! j/k of course enjoy what you want then get back to it :happy:

I usually go for the Carl's jr. Thick Burger or an In-N-Out DoubleDouble for the burger fix. Not much of a soda guy but the Neopolitan shake at In-N-Out is killer.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give into McDonalds, their burgers have no flavor and their McChicken is too spicy.
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do appease my cravings but I give it a couple of days and I plan it. It has happened that one day I crave something, I resist and the next day, the craving passes. If, after a few days, I'm still dreaming of a handful of those kettle cooked potato chips, I plan when I'll have them and either include them as part of my cheat day or work them into my normal intake.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    No I don't give into cravings. I have mental stability to say no and drink water instead. Besides it reminds me of eating poison and re-gaining fat, so no thanks. I would rather lose all my weight straight to the finish line.
  • rossraskolnikov
    rossraskolnikov Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Give in, and just knock the calories off tomorrow's menu.

I'm settling into the routine of having a couple of 'light' days per week (~1000 calories) with surprising ease. Not something I planned; but they defray my 'chocolate binge' days quite nicely.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep i do within reason and most times it's on a delay so i dont give in that day but a few days later when i can fit it into my goals

i also find that my cravings are usually less about a certain brand than it is about the actual food and I think about the best place i can go to get my craving fix because if i'm going to go big on some calories, it has to be something delicious.

so if i want a double cheeseburger and fries, i could go to the mcdonald's or burger king on the corner OR i could wait until I can go to In and Out or Super Duper for an eve better tasting burger
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    No I don't give into cravings. I have mental stability to say no and drink water instead. Besides it reminds me of eating poison and re-gaining fat, so no thanks. I would rather lose all my weight straight to the finish line.

So, it's like the new comic strip "Cyanide and calorie surplus"

I've never been poisoned by food, unless its gone bad. And the only time I gain fat is when I eat in a calorie surplus, sometimes my fruit and veggies help me gain it.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I do give in to craving occasionally. I mean, every day I fit something I love into my day, whether it be ice cream, fast food, cookies, chips, etc.
    There's no reason not to enjoy your weight loss and learn sustainable habits that still fit what you enjoy into them.

It's all about moderation.

I usually pre log my day so I don't run into trouble with meeting my macros and micros.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

So, it's like the new comic strip "Cyanide and calorie surplus"

I've never been poisoned by food, unless its gone bad. And the only time I gain fat is when I eat in a calorie surplus, sometimes my fruit and veggies help me gain it.

Wow this guy has a REALLY unhealthy relationship with food.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I give in to my cravings, only when I have calories available. I also find alternatives, like instead of a double cheese burger - go with a mcdouble (one less piece of cheese) or even just a regular cheese burger. Maybe a small fry instead of medium or large? Also, a diet pepsi/coke instead of regular.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    No, I usually don't. My cravings go away after a while so I just wait it out, and drink water or eat a piece of fruit instead.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is partnered with Coca-Cola...

But that aside, have you tried a kids meal? You'd be surprised how managable that is. 400 calories for a cheese burger, fries, and a diet coke. Add 15-30 if you use ketchup with fries, I don't.

You can get the double and small fries for ~630 with a diet soda. I think the happy meals are enough to satisfy cravings and hunger.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it "giving in." Its not going to derail your fitness by having McDonalds one day or even going over your calorie count for that matter. As long as you make healthy choices more often and are under you calorie count most days, a single day fitting in a cheeseburger is not going to make a difference.

I hate to get philisophical, but the human mind does not like restraints. It is in our nature to rebel against rules that others put on us and we put on ourselves. When you say "I can't have a cheeseburger" your mind starts going "why not? I like cheeseburgers!" Instead, fit that cheeseburger into your goals. Pre-plan it. Do it intentionally and it won't seem like "cheating" or "being bad" which, the human mind gets off on doing. We love getting away with ****. Eating fast food once in a while won't kill anything. Eat it every day, then you might have a problem.

I don't "black list" anything. If I want to eat it, I do. I just "fit it in." I even drink soda (shocker!) with real sugar and everything! I just don't do it every day. I log it and move on and I enjoy every sip. Usually, its on a day that I have a very light breakfast or lunch (or do a lot of exercise) so it fits in my calorie count.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger Happy meal last week. It satisfied my craving and kept me on target...and I got a toy.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I have just got to have a Big Mac, I skip the fries, and I work it into my daily calorie count.