homemade meal replacement shakes

Options
pkd1
pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
Hi all does anyone have a clean recipe for a tasty meal replacement shake?

Replies

• jd9933
    jd9933 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it is clean per se, but I use 1 scoop of the chocolate Shakeology, 1 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed, 1/4 Cup Oatmeal, 2 Cups Original Almond Breeze, 1 2/3 Cups of ice cubs then put it in a blender. It serves 2. It's healthy and super filling.
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A good one I use (though not as a meal replacement, because I am eating at a higher calorie count to gain mass) is a scoop of chocolate shakeology, 3 large strawberries, and a handful of blueberries with 5 ice cubes and 1 1/2 cups of water.
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here is my suggestion:

1 avocado
    2 cups mixed greens, (spinach & kale, or just one green your choice!)
    3 cups milk (we use almond unsweetened Silk brand, trying to switch to coconut but haven't made the leap yet)
    2 cups frozen blueberries
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tbsp. ground cinnamon

We used to have this everyday. This yields close to 40oz, my fiancée and I would each have one for breakfast and then there's enough for each of us to have 2 snack portions a day. Breakfast was 12oz and snacks were 6oz. I did realize that these were low in protein. I would add peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter. I'm not sure how much, I'd check how much protein you need for the meal and see how much is in 2 tbsp. of those I mentioned. Also, we had to make this in batches. We would blend everything except the berries first very well so the greens were not stringy. Then we would pour out about half, and put in half the amount of blueberries. I found they worked the best as making all the flavors come together and be awesome!

You could definitely add chia seeds or flax seeds to this if you'd like as well. Chia seeds will clump up as they absorb the liquid so they will make it thicker the longer they sit.

Hope this helps!
  • pkd1
    Options
    I drink shakeology I need to find a inexpensive way to make it im having a hard time buying it financialy
  • pkd1
    Options
    Thank you I will give it a try