50g protein only snack

Options
Hi All,

Does anybody have any interesting ideas for 50g protein snacks? (No carbs). I already have a protein bar during the day so am hoping for something after dinner that is real food and potentially semi sweet. I used to mix diet jelly with cottage cheese but have gone a bit off it. Is there something interesting I could do with egg whites maybe? :-) Thank you so much.

Replies

• Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Can't really help you with sweet but no carbs. I like plain greek yogurt with a tablespoon of peanut butter and some honey mixed in.
  • supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    It's not very interesting, but I mix 200g of fat free Chanobi Greek Yoghurt with 30g unflavoured whey protein isolate (i.e. protein powder). I quite like the bland taste, but sometimes I mix in a teaspoon of instant coffee powder for flavour. This concoction has 50g protein and 9g carbs, all for just 250 calories.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Maybe a smoothie made with 1/2c egg beaters, 6oz Fage 0%Greek yogurt, 8oz Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim, and Splenda. That would be 39 g of protein and only around 250 cals
  • Seachange11
    Options
    These are great thank you.....Ooops sorry - I actually meant the snack should weigh about 50g. Hope that's not too confusing. :-)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    that much protein? a big piece of steak
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    why does it matter how much the snack weighs?

Google protein sludge.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Google protein sludge.

That looks amazing!

Horrible name and branding.