Hello from KY! :D

Options
Hi everyone!

So this is my first time posting in the forums, though I joined MFP on January 3rd. I suppose putting myself out there like this makes me a bit nervous...

Anyway, a little bit about me - My name is Kristie, and I'm a 22 year old from Kentucky. Happily married, mother of 1, generally happy person. But just like nearly everyone else on the planet, my weight has really started to get on my nerves more than ever. I'm 5'5" and as of today, 174 lbs. I've lost 4 lbs over the course of 2 or 3 weeks, which doesn't sound like much to me, but I guess it's a small victory nonetheless. I'd like to eventually get down to 150 lbs at least, which is the very maximum healthy weight for my height according to the BMI calculator.

My favorite method of exercise so far is the game Dance Central for the Xbox 360 Kinect. I was a dancer in high school (the last time I saw 150 lbs. on a scale) and it's really motivated me to get up and move because I find it so much fun. I've also been trying to eat better, and keep better track of what I put in my body. I also started drinking green tea everyday!

I'm excited to get acquainted with you all!

Replies

• schildysgirl
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! That's a very reasonable goal! Just keep up the positive attitude! :D
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!:flowerforyou: I am from Indiana I hope you find the site as helpful as I have. Everyone here is extremely supportive..feel free to add me if you like! good luck!
  • jparr01
    Options
    Hey there!! Welcome to the site. This site is extremely helpful and everyone here is very supportive. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me. :smile:
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :) I've added all of you. We can do it!