Jogging when everyone's asleep is actually good fun!

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm Tom, after a Christmas spent with a turkey the size of a small dog I am now on my first diet. I did diet once at college, but it was really just using lots of 'diet' foods to make an enormous fried breakfast! It didn't work.

I'm always around a stone overweight, so it's time to get that cheeky stone off once and for all. My wife and I are expecting a little girl in April, and I want to be fit and healthy for my Dadly duties!

I've started jogging, and found that I really like it! I always wake early, so I just throw my pumps on and head out into the cold with some tasty beats and a bottle of water. After a few weeks I can now do 6K twice a week without coughing a lung up. It's really good fun being out when everyone's asleep, knowing that you're burning off those biscuits. It does make me nod off a bit during meetings, but then I've always done that.

I have found a good tip for those of you looking to cut out the cool beers... What I did was to conceive a child, so that now whenever I reach for a beer my wife - who would also like beer but obviously can't indulge - gives me a look as cold as a penguin's cold bits ;) It's a plan which needs some effort, but it does make you stick to the diet cokes!

Hope you're all doing good and getting near your ideal weights.

Tom

Replies

• bskb
    bskb Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome! Love your story- having a lt beer once in a while is ok- Good luck w/ losing your "cheeky stone" :laugh:
  • Mikiki_x
    Options
    haha I liked your post, made me giggle!!

I sit around and watch tv for 3 hours before work! In fact I might give it a go tomorrow, go for a nice little jog before brekkie!

Welcome to the site, hope you find it as helpful as I do!