So I look good in my wedding dress!!

Options
Im hoping to lose about 70 or 80 pounds by my wedding in September. Ive been with my fiance for 5 years and have gained almost 100 pounds since I met him. So far, I have lost 8 pounds in the first week since starting MFP. I am very hopeful.. but need lots of support. :D anybody out there with the same goal as me? lets do this together!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• avaconner
    Options
    Yes you can do this, and you will be so proud of yourself.I will be so proud to help you along the way, cause I was once there myself.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hey, just a little advice: STICK WITH IT!!
    The reason I say that is because .. I screwed up my chance. I had 2 kids (twins) 2 years ago and I struggled with my weight. I got engaged October of 2009 and I told myself that I was going to lose the weight and fit into my dress and be beautiful etc .... I got married August 7th, 2010 ... and I didn't feel beautiful. I never stuck with the weight loss journey, I wasn't ready, I hadn't found MFP and I just mentally broke down and quit many times.

If you have the willpower, the strength & the desire to do this before your wedding, GO FULL FORCE at it. I REGRET not being the weight I am currently for my wedding. I still cringe when I look at my wedding pictures and I feel like I let myself down. My wedding photos were was started my journey. I didn't feel beautiful on my wedding day .....YOU DESERVE TO FEEL BEAUTIFUL.

Take this from me okay? Don't wait. You've started now, keep that ball rolling, make your goals, don't procrastinate. You want to feel beautiful on your wedding day, you don't want to look back and wish it had been different. You have the time to do this, do this for you :))

You will be beautiful , but you need to feel beautiful within yourself on your special day. I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see your beautiful wedding photos. I hope your day is everything you've dreamed of and I hope you've reached all your goals :)
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My goal is very similer! I am trying to lose by July for my best friends wedding and hopefully keep it off for my health! Congrats on your 8lbs!!!
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much in the exact same boat! I am looking to lose 70-80 before I go dress shopping this summer for my wedding in September! I have gained about 100 lbs since I met my fiance as well and I lost 5lbs my first week and tomorrow I weigh in for my second week. I am hopeful but very nervous that I will fail miserably. I think we should DEFINITELY encourage each other since we are on the same timeline and everything!
  • PickyEater11
    Options
    IM IN!!!

You are off to a great start! Keep up the good work! my wedding date is April 7th 2012 and i woudl also love to be back as close as possible to that same weight i was when we first met and look GREAT in a wedding dress

we all gain that "love weight"

at what point do you plan to start dress shopping?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm also a bride on her weight loss journey... I've got five months until the big day!

You should joing the Brides on a Mission thread. There's a lot of great gals in the same boat that are very inspiring and helpful. It's located here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/154700-brides-on-a-mission-week-3

Shannon
  • Nelle914
    Nelle914 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you guys for all your encouragement!! It really helps! We are all in this together :D I know we can do it! :D
  • Nelle914
    Nelle914 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!

You are off to a great start! Keep up the good work! my wedding date is April 7th 2012 and i woudl also love to be back as close as possible to that same weight i was when we first met and look GREAT in a wedding dress

we all gain that "love weight"

at what point do you plan to start dress shopping?

Im probably going to go shopping around soon and find my dress. Im going to buy it a couple sizes smaller to keep me really motivated to fit into it and look good!