Thinking about quitting

Options
I think I'm going to quit using mfp. I've been trying as hard as I can for a month but it's not been a success. I suppose it doesn't work for everyone. The forum has been a big help, it's a great source of information but I just can't do it any more. Best of luck to everyone.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    if you want to keep going, why don't you explain what some of your problems are and perhaps people can help you be more successful.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Ok bye
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a had a terrible month also. Pointless. But I guess what keeps me holding on is "what do I gain(pun intended) if I quit?" MFP costs me nothing. I gain from the forums and the friends and while tracking can sometimes make me crazy it doesn't take anything away from my life.
    So my suggestion is keep going. FR sent. Maybe new friends will help? Maybe a fresh start ? Maybe a whole new profile ? Just shake the etch-sketch and start again?
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Your sound comitted neough to a healthier life style so stick with that.

stay or dont stay with MFP counting that is up to you... but you can keep your account and come to the boards for the info you said was so helpful before.

and as paper pudding said ask for help first befor emaking final choice

I f you dont stay then i wish you good luck in what path to health you choose

David :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to quit using mfp. I've been trying as hard as I can for a month but it's not been a success. I suppose it doesn't work for everyone. The forum has been a big help, it's a great source of information but I just can't do it any more. Best of luck to everyone.

a whole month... wow! bye!!
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    Ok bye

This precisely.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What's your question?
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Sorry it hasn't worked for you in the way that you had hoped. The forums are full of info that has worked well for that particular poster, but won't work for everyone, only for some people. You must pick and choose and discover what your path to success is. If I were to drink as much water and eat as much fiber as so many people recommend, my bladder would bust and my colon explode! Point is, all you need to do to lose weight (please forgive me if that isn't your aim; I am making an assumption because it's most people's aim on the site, judging by the forums) is to count calories. Yes; it IS that simple! MFP helps you track them, and it's fun to log your diary every day. If you count calories. you will succeed with or without MFP. But there's a lot of fun stuff on here, both diet-related and non-diet-related.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Woah not a WHOLE month! You really gave it a go didn't you! :-/
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Your life, your body. You do what you need to do. Sometimes it does take time to see results. Just seems like such a waste to give up so early in.

EDIT: Looks like they deactivated their account.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    If you have been eating at a calorie deficit, logging ALL the food you eat, and exercise, and it is not working, you may want to seek help from your doctor or a health care professional. For most people the concept of eating less calories than you burn works for weight loss. Maybe you are just not giving it enough time. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated...
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am not sure you can blame the site. Not trying to be mean but maybe there is something else in your way of reaching your goals. I agree this site is not for everyone but it certainly isnt the reason you are not reaching those goals. i wish you the best of luck tho!!!:smile:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated so unlikely to be reading