Soup, jam and coffee with honey

Options
Hi,

I've been recently told that that I shouldn't eat soup, jam or drink coffee with honey??
It sound little ridiculous for me as these sound really healthy to me!

Example of my soup- Broccoli, cauliflower, white long beans or french green beans, carrots and peas. Cooked on small chicken wing or 2 cubes of chicken stock, 2 spoon of sour cream. Soups eaten as broth.
Ive been told thats really due to contain of chicken stock or sour cream...All my life Ive been told to eat soups as they healthy.. now when I am dieting someone told me is actually really not!?ermm... I am really confused.

Same Jam. I bought Blueberries from Tesco, Sainsbury etc. After eating them my tongue is barely purple..
My mum went to mountains and brought fresh blueberries, she picked them herself, she made a jam of it. Without any conservants or preservatives. Only sugar of course.
If I eat a spoon of that like with my greek yogurt or oats in the morning- will it make really difficult to loose weight because of the sugar in it?? Also is not a healthier option that tesco blueberries that come from Holland were they spray them with milion chemicals???

Honey coffee- this was already a topic but i know Honey contain 30% less sugar that actual sugar but I've been told to use sweetener instead... 0 calories.. Is it not get the healthier sugar then?? I need coffee in the morning!Like I do need! I have always had 2 spoons of sugar and milk. I just cant drink black coffee..I cant! Any advises?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat what foods you like and that work for you. Everything you listed has good qualities.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    If you are accurately counting the calories in each of these things and they fit into your daily calorie allowance, then I can't see the problem
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat whatever fits your calories and macros... simple!
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    Yeah I kind of keep forgetting to put my calories and count then;) but I must have doing it right as I am loosing so far.

I only use 2 spoon of honey a day and spoon of jam, (not even everyday) once a week soup :)
  • Aniqana
    Options
    If you are accurately counting the calories in each of these things and they fit into your daily calorie allowance, then I can't see the problem

PaperPudding I think it should be illegal on this forum to have such a yummy profile picture haha ;) temptation !
  • paperpudding
    Options

PaperPudding I think it should be illegal on this forum to have such a yummy profile picture haha ;) temptation !

ha ha, you don't even want to think about how many calories are in that pudding :laugh:
  • Aniqana
    Options
    Ech.. you just made me think of Xmas in the middle of summer ;) yep, i dont wanna know how many calories are there ;)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, eat what you like as long as it fits in your calorie goals.

If you aren't sure how to count your homemade soups and jams, then use the Recipe Builder.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Ech.. you just made me think of Xmas in the middle of summer ;) yep, i dont wanna know how many calories are there ;)

Come to Australia - Xmas really is in the middle of summer :wink:
  • Aniqana
    Options
    I would love to!! I would move there right now...only if someone could get rid of the spiders;)))
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    On the face it those seem like unnecessary restrictions.

BUT

Who gave you this advice, and what are your goals? Any other pertimnent information?
  • Aniqana
    Options
    On the face it those seem like unnecessary restrictions.

BUT

Who gave you this advice, and what are your goals? Any other pertimnent information?

I was given those from a guy who is doing calorie diets etc. 1290 calories a day, 800carbs, 400proteins, 90 fats equal 1290 calories when I said i eat soups, jams etc he said definitely NO NO for all these :(
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    And his qualifications are.....?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to whoever told you that. And this is especially true given the macronutient suggestion he gave you as 10g fats is dangerously low and irresponsible to recommend to anyone.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It sound little ridiculous for me..

That is because it is