Recipe builder

Options
Hello all,

Im fairly new (25 day logging in streak) to myfitnesspal and the app. So far I love it! I feel it really puts what you eat into a different perspective. My question to the community is, does the app or website have a recipe builder that you can input your ingredients and how many servings it yields and it inputs all of the nutritional data & calories when you select that meal?

I have many recipes that I enjoy that are hosted on another website, but it shows total calories, fats, proteins, and carbs. I would love to input those into this great app.

Any suggestions?

DC

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It does. If you are accessing it from the website, go to your FOOD tab.

Then look for "Recipes" on the dark blue bar near the top of the page. Click that.

From there you can import or build a recipe.
  • dctate77
    dctate77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Awesome, thank you very much!!!
  • dctate77
    dctate77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ive seen that, but I did not realize that it would convert everything for you. Thanks again!!!
  • rnd523
    rnd523 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a quick question about the recipe builder - it looks like it does not give you the weight per serving, and some foods are strangely portioned (i.e. when adding green peppers to a recipe there is no weight option, only parts of the whole; onions can be measured in milliliters?). I would very much like to have weight per serving as this helps with portion control. Is there any option for making that work?
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    a quick question about the recipe builder - it looks like it does not give you the weight per serving, and some foods are strangely portioned (i.e. when adding green peppers to a recipe there is no weight option, only parts of the whole; onions can be measured in milliliters?). I would very much like to have weight per serving as this helps with portion control. Is there any option for making that work?

this is a beef of mine too, but there is a way to fix it.

when it gives you the list of matched ingredients, go through each item and adjust the quantity accordingly. if you weigh your food but the matched item doesn't have a weight listing in the drop-down menu, then click on "replace" and re-search your food item. you may need to look at the drop-downs for several matching items before you find one that's been calculated for weight rather than size or quantity.

once you've found the match that shows the proper weight, click the checkmark and it'll replace the food item in your recipe.

you can pretty much figure that you'll need to adjust the quantity on just about everything, unless you coincidentally happen to use the same amount as the default weight/volume in your recipe.