Raynaud's

Options
lisalsd1
lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
Does anyone else have this? Does yours "act up?" The other day at the gym my feet were so numb, I wasn't sure I would be able to do anything.

I might have to start cutting back on caffeine.

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise were you doing? Many things can cause numb feet at the gym, from poorly fitting or over-tightly laced shoes to staying on the balls of your feet on the elliptical.
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    did it just affect your feet not your hands? Perhaps it wasn't the Raynauds and as 126siany said it may be something else factoring in
  • lisalsd1
    Options
    It's always my feet. The concerning part for me was that it started before I even got to the gym.

I was diagnosed about 6 years ago. I seem to get "attacks" more often. I'm wondering if that is aged-related (or if it is getting progressively worse??).

The only suggestions I can find are to cut back on caffeine and taking a supplement like l-arginine.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have Raynaud's. It mostly affects my fingers and only affects my toes when I get chilled in the winter time. It affects my hands when my core body temperature drops, so I try to keep from getting too cold. It can happen when it's 65 degrees and rainy or when the AC at the office is set too low. It almost never happens in the dead of winter, I think because I tend to dress more warmly then.

Oh, and it does appear to progress as you get older. I know mine has.

My feet have gone numb at the gym and sometimes on the way to the gym, but it's not my Raynaud's. Normally it's because of a pinched nerve or because I am doing a workout where my feet don't move much, like the elliptical or ARC trainer.
  • lisalsd1
    Options
    I have Raynaud's. It mostly affects my fingers and only affects my toes when I get chilled in the winter time. It affects my hands when my core body temperature drops, so I try to keep from getting too cold. It can happen when it's 65 degrees and rainy or when the AC at the office is set too low. It almost never happens in the dead of winter, I think because I tend to dress more warmly then.

Oh, and it does appear to progress as you get older. I know mine has.

My feet have gone numb at the gym and sometimes on the way to the gym, but it's not my Raynaud's. Normally it's because of a pinched nerve or because I am doing a workout where my feet don't move much, like the elliptical or ARC trainer.

You know...I hadn't thought about the AC temp playing a role in it. I've been setting the temp in the house at about 65 at night. That's interesting that you posted the same temp.