17 day diet

Options
In desperation during my plateau a week ago, I ordered the 17 day diet book that was showcased on Dr. Oz. Has anybody tried it? Was it hard not eating starches for 17 days, did you lose weight? I'm not sure that I can maintain this Atkins style eating would love to hear from anyone who has tried it and has had success or failed.

Replies

• MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    My thought is that if you quit eating certain foods (like starch) for 17 days and drop some pounds, as soon as you put them back into your diet your going to gain it back. If your on a plateu I would try and change things up in your excersise or try a different breakfast.
    Good luck!
  • disneymom94
    disneymom94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have not done the 17 day diet, but some folks at work have. They say it works great. One lady lost 9.5 lbs the first week. I have had past successes on Atkins style diets but I agree they are hard to maintain for long. I think cutting back the carbs/starches can help-even if it is for a few days to jump start the system. I have also heard changing up your work out can really help. List weights if you have not been doing that or through in a different cardio to confuse your body. Good luck!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great answer!!!!
  • Nikkicole11
    Options
    I am currently following the 17 day diet. I am on day 8 and have followed it the "T". I have lost 10 pounds so far. It was hard at first not eating any carbs but after about 3 days I have been doing fine. I have found eating a flavored fat free yogart has helped with the sweet cravings. Good Luck.

Nicole
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I ordered it and got it about a week ago. I did not realize when I ordered the book that the first 2 cycles (44 days total) are no carbs at all. I already know going in that I won't be sucessful with that. But I am limited them quite a bit and only including "good" complex carbs. Basically, I'm skipping the first 2 cycles. Have only been doing this a few days so not much progress yet.
  • roboray
    roboray Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am currently following the 17 day diet. I am on day 8 and have followed it the "T". I have lost 10 pounds so far. It was hard at first not eating any carbs but after about 3 days I have been doing fine. I have found eating a flavored fat free yogart has helped with the sweet cravings. Good Luck.

Nicole

thats great!! gives me hope for maybe trying it. Keep up the great work!!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrate free "diets" are quite dangerous due to the fact that such program place the body into a ketosis state. Physiologically, it's a very messy metabolic process.