Best Low Calorie Desert Ever!!! Must See!

Options
dathenfairley
dathenfairley Posts: 3 Member
I found the greatest desert for the sweet tooth crave ever. What I'm about to tell you will change your dieting forever. The hardest part of doing a restricted calorie diet is drink calories and the dreaded "sweet tooth" cravings. All the other low calorie deserts either taste nasty or the portion size is way too small to satisfy your craving. So you're forced to eat or drink more sweet calories than you ever wanted and now you feel guilty.

I found a solution to this problem by pure accident. Unfortunately, most of you in the country won't be able to take advantage of this so I'm sorry, but for those of you who can, please reply to this post and give you your success stories and how you enjoyed my advice.

Okay, here it is:

At a chain restaurant named "Culver's" (Culver's I'm giving you a plug here. Just remember me when your sales go up :), they have a desert called "Lemon Ice." It is like a sweet and sour snow cone, but a little different and much more solid and filling.

It comes in 1-3 scoops.

Here is the secret: 1 scoop is 8 ounches = which is only 84 CALORIES!

Are you kiddin me! 84 calories for a whole cup of Lemon Ice!!!! I can barely finish the cup because it's so much desert!

On top of that, they sell it as a take home by the pint and quart!

This has changed my plan dramatically when I need rescued from the dreaded sweet tooth crave and it will for you too, if you have Culver's in your area.

Wisconsin people, you are going to love me!

Dathen

Replies

• lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    I LOVE Culvers!!! I'll have to check it out!!
  • dathenfairley
    dathenfairley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please report back to me on this message string and give a report to everyone

Thanks Lisa
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    Has anyone made their own lemon ice? Is it possible to use a sweetener like Splenda in place of some of the sugar for an even lighter treat?
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Thanks for the info...LOVE Culver's!!!!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Any idea what it's made of?
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    WE have Culver's locally, but I've never eaten there. This sounds like a good idea for a dessert - I too wonder about how to make it at home (so I don't have to be tempted at a fast food place).
  • jonifairley
    Options
    That's a great question. I've never seen a recipe for lemon ice but I'm very new to this discovery.

Does anyone have experience with creating their own lemon ice on this forum?

If you do, would you please post the recipe?

Thanks for the question MsPitt
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have experience with creating their own lemon ice on this forum?

If you do, would you please post the recipe?

Found this but haven't tried it. This recipe looked good if you want to replace the sugar with sweetener;

http://italianfood.about.com/od/gelatoandsherbet/r/blr0880.htm

There was one review 5*

Lemon Ice: Aggie, who has kindly shared several recipes, says: "This is a Lemon Ice recipe from a friend in CT who said it was passed down from her Italian ancestors. We have enjoyed it."
    Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
    Ingredients:
    1 Cup sugar

4 Cups boiling water........dissolve the sugar in the water, cool.

Then add 3/4 Cup fresh lemon juice and 1 Tablespoon grated rind...do not grate the pith (white) or it will be bitter. Freeze in a tray, stirring the crystals about every now and then lest the ice freeze rock solid. When it's frozen scoop into little pleated cups and enjoy!

It comes closest to the lemon ice we had in Brooklyn when I was a little girl.

A note: This will also be nice after a fish dish in the course of a meal.
  • jonifairley
    Options
    Thank you heather.