c25k

Options
Ok, so I started the c25k last year, while working 2 jobs, back to back. Not gonna lie, I gave up until a few weeks ago. Now I need to know how you can repeat a day. I see no sense in going further into the program if one day is too hard, I'd like to simply redo it. There doesn't seem to be any way that I can find, and I just want some feedback. Thanks :)

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. What do you mean there doesn't seem to be a way? Wouldn't you just run it again on your next scheduled run day? :huh:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    When I go to the app, it automatically brings me to the next day. Like I just did Week 1, day 2. Now when it starts, it puts me at Week 1 day 3. There is no back/forth arrow, no way to 'advance' or go back, and I cannot click on the previous days that are checked as complete. I can't hold/tap them to go back either.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I used an app called RunDouble and with that you just re-did the same day by selecting it rather than the next one. What app are you using ?
  • maidentl
    Options
    Then you should probably indicate that you're using an app and which one as this is really less a C25K question and more a technical one. Many of us don't use an app to do the program. Good luck!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    Options
    Sorry, I thought the title indicated that I was using an app.

/slinks slowly away in shame
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you just need a better app. Like someone above mentioned Run Double is great - easy to use and you can repeat days.

or if you mentioned what app you were using maybe someone else uses it and knows how to repeat days....
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've been using the NHS C25K app. I just have to make sure that my podcast settings are such that played episodes are not automatically deleted.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I used the NHS podcasts that are free. You could add those and use them together with the app.

Check out the C25K group, there are people posting daily and a tonne of information:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Then you should probably indicate that you're using an app and which one as this is really less a C25K question and more a technical one. Many of us don't use an app to do the program. Good luck!

My my, aren't we testy?
  • maidentl
    Options

My my, aren't we testy?

Not at all, she has an app-specific question and no one can help her without knowing which app. I merely stated facts, I am sorry if they "came across" as testy but no nasty tone was intended. I even wished her luck so I am not sure how else to have indicated that I was trying to help. Perhaps a flower? :flowerforyou:
  • happyfeetrebel1
    Options

My my, aren't we testy?

Not at all, she has an app-specific question and no one can help her without knowing which app. I merely stated facts, I am sorry if they "came across" as testy but no nasty tone was intended. I even wished her luck so I am not sure how else to have indicated that I was trying to help. Perhaps a flower? :flowerforyou:

Again, I stated the app name in my title. c25k is the app. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

It is evident that I am not making myself understood with this question, and as such I will try to find advice elsewhere. I'm sorry to have taken what appears to be everyone's valuable time with my babble.

Everyone have a VERY pleasant evening :)
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Again, I stated the app name in my title. c25k is the app. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

It is evident that I am not making myself understood with this question, and as such I will try to find advice elsewhere. I'm sorry to have taken what appears to be everyone's valuable time with my babble.

Don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong with asking your question. It's just a little hard to answer because the c25k training program is so popular that it has multiple apps & pod casts dedicated to it. Do you know who created yours? It must be in the app info somewhere. If not, perhaps you can take a screen shot to see if someone recognizes it.

Also, I second AglaeaC's c25k group recommendation . They were very supportive and helpful when I started out. No question was too small or too odd, and with such an active membership you usually don't have to wait too long to get answers. When I started off I was using the podcast from a c25k website and although the commentary was helpful, I hated his choice of music. I didn't know that there was other options until I discovered that group and people started recommending different apps and podcasts. I ultimately chose to use the podcast by NHS.

I really do hope that someone can help you get this sorted out! It would be a pretty disappointing app if it didn't let you have a do-over once in a while...
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

My my, aren't we testy?

Why don't you just ignore what isn't a happy place and look at the useful stuff? I feel my contribution was totally ignored and now I wonder why I even bothered.
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your weight loss! YOU are amazing! Did you do it with the c25k program, I didn't have time to go back and stalk you yet. HAHAHAHA
    I started doing the C25K from Zenlabs. It lets me go back, ahead, whatever I want and it also posts right to fitnesspal. It was free, I hope you have or will figure out your app.
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. I also used the Zen Labs app for c25k and it is really easy to use and you can just easily scroll back or forth so skip back or ahead.