2 tablespoons water
1 large clove garlic, quartered
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese

What To Do:

1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2.Grease a pizza pan and spread the dough evenly onto the pan (in whatever shape you like). Set aside.
3.Make the pesto: Place the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, water, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse a few times, and then blend until fairly smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides.
4.Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto onto pizza dough, covering evenly. Put the rest of the pesto in a tightly sealed container and store in the refrigerator.
5.Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the pesto (it may not cover the entire pizza). Sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
6.Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    We love pesto pizza and I've been making it once a week now that it's basil season. I also like to add caramelized onions.
    It's really easy to make your own dough: mix 5 teas yeast with 1.5 cups warm water. Let sit until bubbly. Mix 3.5 cups flour (white or whole wheat or mix) with 1 teas salt. Knead everything together until soft and smooth like a baby's bum. Drizzle a big bowl with olive oil, put ball of dough in, flip in oil, then cover. Let rise in warm place for an hr or more. Easy!
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I do have a few pictures on my Pinterest board of pizzas made with a cauliflower crust (instead of a regular bread crust). Perhaps that might help any gluten-intolerant pizza fans.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bumpiyty bump
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump