My clothes don't fit....

Options
2»

Replies

• Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Goodwill ansecond hand shop are your friends. Look for clean well lit stores that are organized and neat. That's a good sign that the clothes you find won't be stained or dirty. If you know how, or have a friend that knows how to sew, you can also have your clothes taken in as needed. I'm lucky enough to have lots of thrift stores to shop at and the ability to sew...
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've dropped about 60lbs over the past year or so and am looking to lose my last 30 now, so I can definitely understand your struggle!
    Be proud of the fact that you've come far enough to need new clothes, and buy them as you need. Realistically, you're likely losing 1-1.5lbs a week, so your time between pant/dress size changes is likely 2-3 months. Since starting to loose weight, so long as things are going according to that plan, I buy a new pair of jeans every 2-3 months so that I have one pair that fits really well, and can use at the very least the pair from the 2 months before with a belt to make do. Jeans with a little bit of spandex will be your best friend for that.
    Now that I'm a good ways through my weight though, I'll be honest, my wardrobe is puny. But I know that in about 6 months I'll be able to start buying pieces to permanently replace my old ones.
    Just make sure that you have a few key outfits so that you can let that confidence radiate through, and plan for the future :) I've got a bookmark folder full of clothing that I'll likely need/want when I reach my final goals. haha
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When my clothes got noticeably too big I just took them in with a sewing machine. I am in no way a sewer. So, if I took it in and it looked funny I just gave it to good will. I mean, it didn't fit anyways so what did I have to lose?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    eBay is your friend! I'm able to find great items for the price of a cup of coffee.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I bought new clothes after about 70 pounds. Course, I have a lot more to lose than you and it legitimately took me 70 pounds before my clothes were so big that I HAD to buy more. I won't invest a lot of money in clothes but I got some great deals at Macy's where I got 80% off plus I had a coupon for $20.00 off of $50.00. I also shop at second hand stores as well. I sometimes will find a super cute outfit that is a size or two too small and I'll pick it up. Almost all of the clothes I'm wearing today were purchased 20-40 pounds ago when I couldn't even squeeze them over my thighs!

As soon as something is the slightest bit too big, I bring it to the Goodwill because I tend to take a lot of breaks along the way during my journey where I enter into maintenance for a while and don't want to risk getting lazy and growing back into any of my too big clothing!