30 Day Shred Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SarahA210
    Options
    Question - I did my first day of 30DS today - now I have no idea how I should log it in my exercise? Cardio? Strength? How do you log it?
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    I started logging it as Calisthenics under Cardio. But was browsing through the other 30 Day Shred threads and found most people were logging it as Circuit Training under Cardio. So I switched to that instead. :)
  • SarahA210
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks Alecia!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on Saturday and I loooove it!! Jillian's comments crack me up!

Hope you're all loving it and and loving the burn!! Here we go!
  • meglane
    meglane Posts: 39
    Options
    I like the 30DS video too, I found that I also really like her metabolism boosting cardio video too! It really gets your heart going and you get the cardio you need (very important). great addition to the 30DS video and so you don't get too bored :) I can't imagine doing the same video for a month haha. Good luck all!
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    Made it through Day 3! Each time I do it, it gets a little bit easier! :)
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks to reading this thread last night, I started the 30 Day Shred today. It was a great workout and I'm looking forward to seeing the results and getting some encouragement from you guys.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    End of Day 4 for most of us, ladies!!! Keep up the great work. This is officially the longest I have done the Shred in a row now, so I'm actually looking forward to what challenges Level 2 will bring! How is everyone else doing? Feeling stronger??
  • asm12707
    Options
    its alot better then day 1, more endurance now
  • Lauz_88
    Lauz_88 Posts: 29
    Options
    i'm on L1D8 and i'm finding the Cardio much easier but I STILL cannot do push ups! Not even the girly half push ups. I have got a serious lack ocf strength in my arms! On the plus side i've lost 5lbs so far. This is the most i've exercised in years.
  • unckat09
    Options
    I'm hanging in there! My ONLY problem is absolutely superficial... I'm a black woman and my hair is in SHAMBLES!!! I have naturally curly hair, and it is a major process to straighten it. **Sigh** the sacrifices we must make!
  • AmandaChaseChance11
    Options
    QUESTION.....please help.... i started the 30 day shred and im on level 1 day going on 3.....and i think i pushed my self waaaay to hard in the squats, they are very sore....Normal? should i still continue to push my self to do the video? or days rest?....ive been walking treadmil for a month and wanted a boost....now im fliping paying for it grrrrrrr........
  • unckat09
    Options
    QUESTION.....please help.... i started the 30 day shred and im on level 1 day going on 3.....and i think i pushed my self waaaay to hard in the squats, they are very sore....Normal? should i still continue to push my self to do the video? or days rest?....ive been walking treadmil for a month and wanted a boost....now im fliping paying for it grrrrrrr........

I think Jillian said it best in Level 1 "Pain is weakness leaving the body." I love that quote.

If you are working muscles that you have never worked before, you are going to be sore. However, make sure you are stretching properly before and after the workout. Everytime I get back into a workout routine I get super sore, but it gets easier. Honestly, every time a take a day to "rest" from the 30-day shred, I NEVER, EVER get back into the routine.

I suggest that you continue on to Day 4 of Level 1, but do your own leg stretches before you start the DVD. If you can't go all the way down in your squat today, follow the girl on the right (I can't remember her name) and go half way. You can do this!!! :happy:
  • AmandaChaseChance11
    Options
    OKay great thats wat i was thinking too cuz she was pushing me to do it...and its hard but i did...i think im better off pushing myself anyways....Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sunbow1001
    sunbow1001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm catching up on the posts. I started 30DS with my sister (fanullona who's up there) on Saturday. I just finished day 4. Man, does it hurt but it feels soo good when you realize that there are muscles under that flab!
    SW:150
    CW: 150
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    For those of you who started with me on Fri, January 14th, we are officially one sixth of the way there, having completed Day FIVE!!! Keep it up girls!!!
  • unckat09
    Options
    OKay great thats wat i was thinking too cuz she was pushing me to do it...and its hard but i did...i think im better off pushing myself anyways....Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did it go? How do you feel today?
  • unckat09
    Options
    What do you all think about my boyfriend doing the 30 day shred? Do you think the exercises are geared towards women? Or, will he also see results.

I'm not gonna lie... I kind of don't want him to do it for jealousy reasons. The women working out with Jillian are pretty hot!!!!!:noway:
  • literarylin
    Options
    I started the 30 day Shred on January 12 and would love to join you all :) I usually combine the dvd with either Jillian Michaels' yoga or her 6 week six pack abs.
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished Day 3. I must say the 20 min are going by much faster than Day 1. My body aches for the rest of the day - but it is a good ache. Like someone else said, 'there is muscle underneath that fat'.
    I started the Couch to 5K last week, so I'm hoping the cardio will help the scale go down.
    I love this website - its a great tool for tracking calories and so easy to use.