Rest Day

Options
how important are rest days and how many should i have? i pretty much exercise 7 days a week

Replies

• LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I usually only take a rest day if my body requires it. If your body is hurting the day after a workout, its telling you something. If your legs hurt dont run. If your arms hurt dont lift. If your back hurts dont do anything :)
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I always say that my rest day is Sunday, but then I end up doing a whole body workout, jogging, stretching, and meditating for a bit. SO MUCH FOR REST
  • philssis
    Options
    I think as long as you vary your activities, that counts as rest. If you do wind sprints every day, that is not resting! A rest day doesnt mean you have to lay up, just do something fun and don't feel like you have to push yourself to the maximum.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I agree. I did my first day of Jillian's Michaels' No More Trouble Zones. I was a little sore the next day but decided to hop on the treadmill for some intervals for 45 mintues. OUCH!!! Boy was I stiff and sore the day after that.
  • Yourfitpal
    Options
    Rest days are as important as workout days. Your muscles are built during rest , not in the gym. Working 7 days a week is not a good idea.
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Well yes, unless you isolate different muscle groups each day, that way all my muscles are getting 7 days of rest essentially, aside from my legs which I do cardio on and walk on all the time.
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This was very good advice(Clivebutrol). Just because you take a day off doesn't mean that you have to lay dormant, take that day to relax, stretch, and refocus\inventory your short and long term goals. Keep in mind over-training can hurt your immune system and body. Hope this helps
  • reeveskl28
    reeveskl28 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well i do strenght training 4 days a week and then the other three days are straight cardio like zumba ,walking, aerobics etc does this seem like a good thing to do?