Vegetarian casserole?

Options
That_Girl
That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
Anyone have a good recipe for a vegetarian bake or something of that sort? I want to make something for dinner tomorrow night. Thanks!

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    go to chooseveg.com they have a great lasagna recipe.
  • mikaselm
    Options
    ooohhh, that sounds good! I LOVE casseroles, but all of mine are meat-based...
  • Vegan Enchilada Casserole, super good and very tasty

Recipe found here:
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/07/mexican-lasagna-or-enchilada-casserole.html

Makes about 8 large servings. Each serving contains 319 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (13% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 9mg Cholesterol; 601mg Sodium; 14g Fiber. Weight Watchers 6 Flex points.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hearty-Vegetable-Lasagna/Detail.aspx

This is the recipe I use when I want something vegetarian! I replace a few ingredients. Obviously instead of veggie oil I use evoo. I don't like bell peppers, so I use LOTS of mushrooms and LOTS of spinach!! I made this for a couple of my neighbors who happen to be vegetarians and they LOVED it! I was so proud of myself! For a non vegetarian recipe, I use this PLUS a lb of ground italian sausage. This recipe is AMAZING. I use the leftover sauce mixture on our spaghetti, too!
  • miucifer
    miucifer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made a Jamaican style black bean and cornbread bake last week that my boyfriend keeps asking me to make again. It was under 400 calories per serving, super easy, and delicious.
    Its from Supermarket Vegan but I found it on the Vegetarian Times website.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11303

I'm going to make it again next week.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Check out myveggietable.com. There is a casserole category.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These are great ideas :) I'll decide tomorrow!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Speedy Lentil & Bean Casserole
    Serves 5

Ingredients
    1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 cup kidney beans, drained
    1 cup lentils, drained
    1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    Dash pepper

Directions
    1. In flameproof casserole dish, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion until softened.
    2. Add beans, lentils, tomatoes, thyme and pepper. Stir and break up tomatoes with back of spoon. Bring to simmer. Serve over rice, couscous, quinoa, etc.

* This recipe also freezes well * If you eat cheese it tastes good with some cheese sprinkled on top of the casserole and then put under the broiler.

Nutritional Info (without cheese)
    Calories - 162.8
    Total Fat - 1.6 g
    Saturated Fat - 0.3 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat - 0.1 g
    Monounsaturated Fat - 0.7 g
    Cholesterol - 0.0 mg
    Sodium - 254.2 mg
    Potassium - 2.5 mg
    Total Carbohydrate - 27.2 g
    Dietary Fiber - 6.7 g
    Sugars - 3.6 g
    Protein - 9.6 g
    Vitamin A - 7.4%
    Vitamin C - 9.0%
    Calcium - 9.7%
    Iron - 24.8%
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One I make a lot is Eggplant Casserole....Eggplant boiled and cubed, mixed with 1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes (I used Rotel so its pretty spicy) and then mix some crushed crackers until they absorb some juice...add some rf cheese on top and bake for at 350 for about 20 mins or so...I add some more crackers or a crunchy veg in right before I eat so the final product is crunchy. Easy and very filling.
    Not one for company though, as it isn't pretty :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash and Lentil Casserole

Ok, this is one of my absolute favourites. It has a great balance of protein to carbs, and is low in fat and - even better - low in calories. I should add that I lost weight through a combination of educating myself about nutrition and the phenomenon of calorie counting. The way our body works is far too complicated to ignorantly assume that even accurate calorie counting is a sure-fire method of ensuring that we lose weight, but it is a fantastic guideline to ensure you are eating at a defecit.

I found this recipe on CC and it sounded crazy! Butternut squash, garlic and cranberries!? But I was curious so I had to try it. Sure enough, with a little tweaking, it was a taste-bud sensation!

Butternut Squash and Lentil Casserole
    Serves: 6
    500g Butternut Squash
    1 1/2 cups green lentils
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    3 cloves garlic
    3g thyme
    400g tomatoes, tinned
    100g dried cranberries
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 onion
    1 chicken stock cube
    400 ml water

Boil the lentils in the chicken stock cube and water for 1 hour.
    Roast the squash in chunks in the oven for 30 mins.
    Warm the oil and add finely chopped garlic and coarsley chopped onion.
    Add the squash and any fluids which may have come off during roasting.
    Drain the lentils, reserving the stock and adding it to the pan.
    When the squash begings to break up a little, add the lentils and tin of tomatoes.
    Simmer for 20 mins then add cinnamon,nutmeg, thyme & cranberries.
    Mix well and leave to simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until the squash has almost completely broken down and the sauce has thickened.

227 calories per serving, 0.2g F, 0.0g SF, 44.2g C, 6.9g S, 10.1g Fb, 11.9g P

This freezes well and refridgerates for up to 3 days. I know the combination of flavours sounds crazy, I was skeptical too, but it really tastes delicious! I eat it on its own, its quite a large portion. Would perhaps go well with a small green salad, and maybe some bulgur wheat or brown rice if you fancy some starchy carbs/grains.

my daughter makes this with the cranberries in i replace them with prunes , ( i find cranberries too sweet)

http://heavling.blogspot.com/search/label/Cranberry
  • jlay777
    jlay777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love all these websites. Thanks to everyone who posted here. I just went pescatarian again, and I don't have a lot of recipes that don't involve meat.