Jillian Michaesl NMTZ

Hey everyone! So I was just curious if anyone who has done the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones video has gotten good results from doing that alone? I have read some posts where people say that they incorporate her other videos as well (which I'm sure wouldn't hurt). I have been doing it 3-4 days a week for going on 4 weeks now and doing other stuff here and there (also I am a nurse and am constantly on my feet and walking throughout the day). I am starting to see more muscle tone in my arms and legs which is VERY exciting to me...but I'm not seeing much change in my midsection which is my problem area! Thoughts??

Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    her other videos as well (which I'm sure wouldn't hurt)

You are clearly not familiar with her other videos.

("Wouldn't hurt..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
  • Back when I started, NMTZ and BFBM were my 2 faves. If you could do those 2, you'd be good. However any routine is going to get old. You'll need more workouts, but those 2 are a great start! I never found any other workout dvds I liked more than those 2.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Hey everyone! So I was just curious if anyone who has done the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones video has gotten good results from doing that alone? I have read some posts where people say that they incorporate her other videos as well (which I'm sure wouldn't hurt). I have been doing it 3-4 days a week for going on 4 weeks now and doing other stuff here and there (also I am a nurse and am constantly on my feet and walking throughout the day). I am starting to see more muscle tone in my arms and legs which is VERY exciting to me...but I'm not seeing much change in my midsection which is my problem area! Thoughts??

Thanks!!! :)

Could just be that, because it is your trouble area, you will likely see results there last. First place to gain, last place to lose. Keep up the good work!!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I do that DVD every once in a while but I don't think just for the midsection it's that great. Try mixing it up with other exercises, abs need to be challenged and sometimes doing the same dvd or exercise, the muscle gets used to it.

I think it's a well rounded DVD but I always did Pilates or other ab workouts also. I am dong BFBM today and maybe the leg part of that DVD later.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    I've never done NMTZ, but I have done 30DS, Killer B&T and am working on K Abs. Don't forget that although you can target muscle growth, you can not target fat loss. I got kind of got discouraged doing the shred because I was looking at the before and after shots all over the web, but didn't see anywhere near the same results in my own pics. I recently came across a couple of articles about "before & after" pics that have helped give me a more skeptical but realistic viewpoint.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/before-and-after-weight-loss-exposed-2013-8

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-dixon/weight-loss-secrets_b_3643898.html?ncid=wsc-dl-cards-readmore=edlinkusaolp00000009

You'll have to copy & paste those links into your browser to view them. Posting links on here is not simple.
    Hope that helps a little!
    Congratulations on being committed to a fitter and stronger you!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I've seen similar links...it's good not to compare. So many things go into losing weight and genes, age, body type, etc matter.
    I also have read blogs where a person states a certain program like "Insanity" or similar one made them lose weight/inches but they also ran, did spinning and other things that aren't mentioned in the before/after photos.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Love NMTZ here too! I would do like another poster suggested and add in Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. NMTZ is a great workout, but BFBM has more cardio in it, which will should help with lowering your overall BF%, which hopefully will help with the midsection. With my HRM, I always burn more when doing BFBM.

That is awesome you are seeing more muscle definition! Keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    her other videos as well (which I'm sure wouldn't hurt)

You are clearly not familiar with her other videos.

("Wouldn't hurt..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Yep....that's what I thought.....lol

I'm doing 4 weeks of mostly HIIT circuits (3.week now), and I've been rotating most her workouts, but with heavier weights.....OOOOUCH......
    To the OP: Not on a weight loss mission myself, but it only works if you stick with her nutrition recommendations... Sadly, the calorie burn on the workouts is not proportional to the pain, sweat, and all the huffing and puffing....
    BTW, if you're looking to cough up your lungs some more, try Jillian's Cardio Kickboxing... You can find it for free on youtube... =)

Train safe!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    I love NMTZ! It is a great overall body weight program. But, like someone else mentioned, I would also perform additional cardio. As to your midsection, any fat burning and of course, great nutrition, will help with that. As to defining that six pack, I enjoy both Killer Abs and 6 Week 6 Pack. The benefit of 6W6P is the extra cardio.
    Many wishes to your success!
  • ELH77
    ELH77 Posts: 4 Member
    I just started NMTZ and I LOVE it. I am rather obsessed with it. I tend to get bored and, so far, this works for me. I actually look forward to working out.

I do have a question, though - how do you track this as your exercise? I've been doing "Circuit - General" for 50 minutes, but that is only under cardio & this is more strength training. Any thoughts?
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    I just started NMTZ and I LOVE it. I am rather obsessed with it. I tend to get bored and, so far, this works for me. I actually look forward to working out.

I do have a question, though - how do you track this as your exercise? I've been doing "Circuit - General" for 50 minutes, but that is only under cardio & this is more strength training. Any thoughts?

I'm tracking it with my heart rate monitor, and I just enter the results. I've listed all of those workouts as individual new exercise to be able to track my progress (weights that I'm using that day, HR zones....)
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    I started my weight loss journey with this one and now I'm doing her Body Revolution ones. NMTZ is a solid circuit training workout.