Options
Dnelms1990
Dnelms1990 Posts: 8 Member
What am I doing wrong?? I am not losing weight

Replies

• MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open to the public yet.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Diary isn't open.

Do you log everything that you eat and drink?

Do you weigh all solids to make sure you are accurately recording serving sizes?

How long have you been logging?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing you aren't in a deficit...

To ensure you are in a deficit you need to log accurately and consistently solids by weight and liquids by measurments (cups etc)

If you aren't doing the above that is what you are doing wrong.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Now that your diary is open, it seems that you log occasionally and incompletely. That's your problem. Good news is that's an easy problem to fix!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+accurately
  • FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong?? I am not losing weight

Hey there - your daily numbers look WAY low compared to the targets. At this level I think there would be hormonal issues that are getting messed up - but I am no expert in that area.

A word I use to keep myself on track a lot - consistency! If I am doing something wrong and I keep doing it - the situation can only get worse. On the other hand if I find something that I am doing correctly - I will maximise benefits if I stick with for a longer period of time.

I would suggest to track your food consistently and accurately for a good few days back to back. Be honest about every item of food that you ingest (not suggesting you don't just emphasising the need for this to be done in as scientific a manner as possible). From my own experience, I began 'Estimating" based on rules of thumb and "typical" numbers. Once I got onto a proper tracking site I realised I was out by about 300 cals a day - wiping out all my "IMAGINARY" defecits on a normal day and puting me WAY over on Weekends.

I worry LESS about calories and focus more on macros (Carbs, Fat, Protein) as there are scientific reasons for needing minimum levels of fat and Protein (PM me if you want a bit of "layman" info). I have "Go To" foods for each macro type which I can use at the end of the day to make up "Gaps". I have found this to be very useful.

All the above only works if your targets are within a realistic range. I customised my tagets rather than let MFP do it for me - but all the initial estimates are just that - estimates - we all react different so there is an element of trial and error for us all.

Let me know if you need more . . . .