My NSV for today!

Options
Jaffsa
Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
Good Afternoon!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful and successful day!

I needed to share this with people who would understand and appreciate it. :)
I need to start by saying, I have EXTREME self-control issues- It is very very difficult for me to say no- especially with sweets!

Today at work, our building's management company had an ice cream social for all of the tenants. As I was coming in from my afternoon walk, I saw them just getting started with scooping and topping and drizzling.. uuuhhh... mmm....:love:

Although the smell was inciting, I looked straight ahead and walked right by it.
About 15 minutes later, I go to get water before going into a meeting- it was almost like a scene from a movie- EVERY SINGLE person I walked by was eating ice cream (in what seemed like slow motion). Get into my meeting??? Again, EVERYONE has an ice cream. I had exactly 1 1/2 hours before the social was over and to resist going downstairs to get some..

Did I make it?

Hell freaking yes. Go me.

Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• 867Jen5309
    867Jen5309 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Way to go!!!!!
  • loser4realz
    loser4realz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job!!!
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nice going! I don't think I'm quite there yet :)
  • ReenieReenie05
    ReenieReenie05 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    way to go!! ima sucker for sweets too!! we have to take every day one temptation at a time lol
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I work in a "food friendly" office, where it is always something like that, birthday cake, donuts, bagels, ice cream. . . which is what was contributing to my expanding waistline. I have also learned to either pass on the goodies, or take a smaller portion and adjust my lunch intake accordingly.

Keep up the good work.
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I didn't think I would get so many "pats on the back" so-to-speak! :)
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    Great job!

I work in a "food friendly" office, where it is always something like that, birthday cake, donuts, bagels, ice cream. . . which is what was contributing to my expanding waistline. I have also learned to either pass on the goodies, or take a smaller portion and adjust my lunch intake accordingly.

Keep up the good work.

Yes, my office is extremely "food friendly" as well. It makes it SO hard.. yesterday was donuts- and I had a half (better than a whole!)- but its aallwwaayyss something. I can usually stay away and hide in my cubicle, but today it was just everywhere!!
    But good for you for adjusting and/or resisting in that kind of environment! I definitely feel your pain!
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are stronger than me...I wasn't able to say no.

Congrats
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a MAJOR victory! My work serves cake all the time. I freaking love cake. Over time, I just learned to not even go into the breakroom when they are serving it. It is less of a temptation now! Hopefully it'll get easier for you over time as well!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lass!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    WTG! you are super woman now! What an awesome feeling.
  • Jaffsa
    Options
    Thank you everyone! All this support is wonderful!
  • Vanesachristman
    Options
    I wish i had your willpower I'm feeling crappy today :-(
    I work out hard but i.eat too much and today I feel like I'm eating just because I'm angry
    I cant make that scale go down
    feeling hopeless :-(
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I would like to say good for you.... but remember if you had eaten the ice cream.... it wouldn't of been such a big problem... since all you would of had to do was go for another quick walk....no reason to deny yourself some of the pleasure of life....^^ Die(t) doesn't mean you have to die...

ice_cream_cone_by_loliabiosis-d32uvjy.jpg
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I love those times when we control the food instead of it controlling us! WHOOOT HOOO for you!! that is super tough to do! I too have a weakness with baked good.......have found that just one does not work for me YET!

CONGRATS!
  • plumbucket
    plumbucket Posts: 23
    Options
    That's awesome! I so know the struggle. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!