• 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bumps
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe? I feel a little more assertive.

I noticed that i used to be apologetic about my body, like if I had to move past people in a crowd or at the movies, I would look down and have a fact like "I'm sorry." Now I just strut wherever I want and don't even mind too much if I bump into someone.

I also think I used to say yes a lot more. I turned down a movie and a lunch I did not want to go to recently.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Nope, but it sure changes the way you look at food.
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm more confident and probably a little more outgoing for that reason. I wanted to blend into the walls when I was heavier.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    It gave me some confidence which I am sure to someone who doesn't know me real well, they would say that it changed me. However, my best friends say I haven't changed, I am still the same person. 100 + pounds did change me, but I guess the good qualities I had, I still have.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yes, sort of.

Pros: I am more confident in clothes that I would never have worn before, and I am accepting of the body shape I have.

Cons: My husband gets annoyed if I check myself out in the mirror too much. Dammit, I can't help it if I find myself sexually arousing... :grumble:
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My wife has always thought I was an A-hole. Now she really thinks I'm an A-hole.

I'm not proud of that, and I really don't know if it came from weight loss or something else. :/
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Personality, not so much, but it has improved my mood. I feel more confident, upbeat and just more positive overall about everything. I still get the urge to smack people upside the head, but not as much as I use to. I'd say that's progress.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It has! Not drastically, but my clothes match my bubbly-ness :) Also, I am more confident and assertive in social situations and I take every chance I get to get out and show off!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Absolutely
    I am much more relaxed less conscious of others staring. I walk into a restaurant without checking on the internet to see the seating or if the chairs have arms I wont fit into if its only booths does the table slide to make room for my gut. I walk into any clothing or beach wear store and look for medium polo's maybe a large if the cut is small and a 38 pant not a 3xshirt or 56 waist.
    If someone is looking my way now its generally they have seen me walking around town or we ran together in a local event not a " my god look at him he is huge" look.
    These changes have allowed me to be more relaxed and I am sure happier and healthier now than I was
    The changes go on and on since I am not as defensive my temper has gone I am not trying to always prove myself
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    85% no 15% yes

I'm a better version of myself (that would be the change in personality). That's mostly due to an attitude/mood change. I wasn't very happy when I was overweight (I was also a teenager, so that's somewhat "normal" at that age).
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It's hasn't changed my personality but i'm much more assertive. I a bit more outgoing, I always was but now it comes more easily? Hard to explain. It's probably has to do with being more comfortable in my own skin.
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the same, but my friends, fam, and hubby think differently. I laugh louder and longer. I talk with my hands more now. I am more outgoing. I am more fun. I move faster. I play more. I smile more. These are all things that that other people tell me. The one that makes me laugh is what my husband said. "You are still the same, you are just MORE. which is funny, because by losing the weight, you are actually LESS."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!