I'm In The 170s Again!

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
Between October 2011 and May 2013, I gained 40 pounds and it's first time in my life that I've truly been overweight. I made a half hearted effort to lose the weight last summer, but got discouraged and quit. 40 pounds seemed daunting and I didn't think I'd ever get my body back.

I don't remember what the trigger was, but I snapped out of it. I think it was the combination of my BP being high for the first time ever and thinking about another summer wearing jeans and baggy T-shirts while my cute outfits languished in my closet. I told myself that I was being silly. I had the same skeletal structure and muscles that I'd always had and being overweight for 18 months didn't mean that I'd lost my old body forever. It was just a matter of losing the fat.

In December, I was 195 pounds and a size 14 and I'm now 179 pounds and a size 10. I'm 5'11", so I'm only 7 pounds away from the upper range of ideal weight for my height and I'm about halfway to goal (150-155/size 6).

I'm so happy and not just because the weight is coming off and my clothes are starting to fit again, but because I'm starting to feel like me. I've felt so uncomfortable carrying the excess weight and not just because of appearances. It was like living in someone else's skin.

I was beginning to get tired of the process, but this has given me fresh motivation. :)

Replies

• frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Matiara, I know exactly how you feel!!! Like you I packed on most of my weight in a relatively short period of time and felt horrible and hated how I looked. I too have a closet full of cute summer clothes that I can't wear and miss wearing. But like you, I am getting there. I tried and failed so many times to lose the weight but now I am fully determined and I am finally seeing the results. So keep up the good work girl! I know we can both do this thing! We've got it licked!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Way to go Matiara! :smile:
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • wildgoat
    wildgoat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The 170's would be huge for me. I'm stuck at 182, and can't seem to go lower. You have inspired me.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! And I'm glad that I was able to provide some motivation as well.

I tried on an old pair of my size 6 shorts over the weekend. I couldn't button them, but I got them pulled up. That was no small victory, as I couldn't get them past my rear back in April. Getting closer every day!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting into a new weight "range". To me, that's the most exciting day when you step on the scale and it reads a new middle number! I thought I'd never get out of the 160s...that was hard for me. But now I'm in the mid 150s and more driven than ever. Keep up the great work...you'll get to your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!