Advice Needed

Options
I have 12 weeks until I go on holiday - I am currently 5ft 7in and 186lbs. I am planning to work out 5x per week mainly cardio and light weights. I am planning on having 1600 calories per day eating clean.

I am not sure whether to have 2 high protein days when I am not working out. I will have around 500 calories like on the 5/2 diet. I would have eggs for breakfast, homemade chicken and veg soup for lunch and maybe fish and salad for dinner. Is this too extreme as I don't want to put my body into starvation mode or end up losing muscle??

What are your thoughts????

Many Thanks!!!

Replies

• 515513_May
    Options
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    So you're saying 5 days a week you're going to eat 500 total calories?
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    If it was me I would just try to eat a balanced diet everyday. A lot of trial and error to see what you are doing as far as proteins/ carbs /fats. For me i have to concentrate on getting enough protein usually so i check it throughout the day as I am loggingh to see what I am lacking. It's a learning experience. i don't know if that is much help. :bigsmile:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that your holiday will come around whether you weigh 186 pounds or not. Make this a lifestyle change and not something drastic that you just HAVE to be in shape by some arbitrary date on the calendar.

if your expectations are set too high you will most certainly fall flat. Why don't you just do something you can live with for the rest of your life?
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are that your holiday will come around whether you weigh 186 pounds or not. Make this a lifestyle change and not something drastic that you just HAVE to be in shape by some arbitrary date on the calendar.

if your expectations are set too high you will most certainly fall flat. Why don't you just do something you can live with for the rest of your life?

Good advice!!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If your goal for the holiday is to look good in skimpy clothes or a bikini, I'd suggest focusing on weights and eating a reasonable number of calories with plenty of protein.

Do thorough measurements and photos (and a body fat percentage if you can manage it) and focus on that, not the scale.

(This is all theory for me, as I've never done this myself, but I've seen lots of folks tone up and look amazing - healthy and stunning but not bulky or too obviously muscled. Maybe one day I'll be brave and have a go myself...)
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    MFP can help you calculate what you need in order to lose, .5, 1, or 2lbs a week. Not that you couldnt lose more, BUT....

Its safe to assume that if you are really aggressive you could lose 24lbs, but its a lot more realistic goal to say that you should lose 12lbs by the time your vacation comes.
  • 515513_May
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!! I think I may just stick to 1600 every day and focus on my work outs!!! Hopefully I can drop at least 14lbs before I go!! Yes it is that usual concern about the bikini body!! But I will just see what I can do before I go!!