Do I play netball?

Options
Hey!

I'm starting university this September and I'd love to go to trials for their netball team, however feeling not very confident in doing this as I'm not the slimmest of people and I haven't played netball in like 4 years, I know all the rule and everything and I really enjoy it, I just really have a fear that they will laugh at me when I turn up because I'm not slim like many netballers are.

Don't know what to do?! Help!

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Try out for the team. You'll regret it more if you don't.
  • Abbs1348
    Abbs1348 Posts: 9
    Options
    I suppose so but just really don't want to make a fool of myself, I'm not the fittest or slimmest of people and I just don't want to be laughed at really, as I'm not the "typical" structure of a netballer ie- tall, slim, fit & drop dead gorgeous
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I had to google netball.

It highly depends upon the school you're at and the competition to be on the team is.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Go along for trials. If it's ultra competitive find out if they have training sessions that anyone can attend, or if it's just the team members that train. There may be more than one team, so if you don't make the first team you may be able to play for the second team or something...... in any case, find out how it is, go to the trials, and see how you get on. Playing any sport regularly will help you to shed the extra pounds so it's a win-win.
  • Abbs1348
    Options
    I had to google netball.

It highly depends upon the school you're at and the competition to be on the team is.

:O you never heard of netball before? It's amazing haha and its just a league with other universities, my uni has 7 different netball teams so nothing too serious
  • Abbs1348
    Options
    Go along for trials. If it's ultra competitive find out if they have training sessions that anyone can attend, or if it's just the team members that train. There may be more than one team, so if you don't make the first team you may be able to play for the second team or something...... in any case, find out how it is, go to the trials, and see how you get on. Playing any sport regularly will help you to shed the extra pounds so it's a win-win.

There's a few other teams, 7 altogether for my university as they go on ranks and work your way up, I'd be even nervous to get into the lowest ranking squad haha