Any of my ladies also keep track on FB?

Options
I keep track of my weight progress, plus the random post and pictures now and then too, on a FB I created for my weight loss. Was wondering if any of the other ladies did the same as well? Any age, preferably some gals who still have a way to go on their journey too! Need a closer knit group of buddies that can really get to know, and help keep each other on track! I need diet friends! Haha.

Replies

• AshleyLeelette
    AshleyLeelette Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Plus I am at home all day, and it would be nice to have the friend/company to talk with, even better when they are working ont he same lifestyle as yourself.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I post diet related stuff and post pictures to facebook. I also belong to a couple groups for healthy eating ect.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    No I don't. The majority of the people on my FB don't really have a vested interest in me, or they push too hard/in ways that bother me. I prefer to keep it to myself and I use MFP as a way to network and get the social side of my personality fulfilled when it comes to this sort of thing.
  • mrsa1971
    mrsa1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to a FB group specifically for weightless. What is your group called? I will join ya!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use facebook as a great place to motivate me and a group of friends...we have challenges every week. But we are on a mission....no slacking with us...we are on the road to losing and being fit!!
  • AshleyLeelette
    Options
    No I don't. The majority of the people on my FB don't really have a vested interest in me, or they push too hard/in ways that bother me. I prefer to keep it to myself and I use MFP as a way to network and get the social side of my personality fulfilled when it comes to this sort of thing.

I completely am the same way. I basically just started another FB devoted to my progress, and like-minded people, that's also friends with my own everyday account.
  • AshleyLeelette
    Options
    I don't belong to a FB group specifically for weightless. What is your group called? I will join ya!

Gonna send a message your way in like 10 minutes :)
  • AshleyLeelette
    Options
    I use facebook as a great place to motivate me and a group of friends...we have challenges every week. But we are on a mission....no slacking with us...we are on the road to losing and being fit!!

I am part of a FB group as well, and I'd say they all take their stuff pretty serious as well ;-) Just like here, people with all levels of intensity, and different goals, with the same mindsets of getting it done ;-)

I was more looking to add FB friends that I can be more accountable with, outside of the MYfitnessplan site. I am home by myself throughout the day, so having an accountability, and motivation buddy is what I really want to start up :)
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Good groups on there are hard to find. Most of them that I joined I left as soon as it became obvious that they were coaches looking for customers.

I haven't had much luck with adding people on there either. Most friend requests are from coaches and the ones that aren't don't say much on there if anything at all.