Flat Butt success stories? ha!

Options

Replies

• aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I used to have a very curvy meaty butt, saddlebags and everything, and wide shapely hips. After menopause, all the fat on my butt shifted around to my midriff and waist. First, my butt got flat with a drooping fold at the bottom that hung down on each thigh. The next stage, where I am now, is that not only is the fat gone but my skin has turned very thin-- so there are multiple wrinkles just like wrinkled fabric, where the butt sags over the thighs. For the first time in my life, my narrow shoulders are wider than my hips. My hips have no curve now. My waist used to be 10 inches smaller than my hips, and now there is only 5 inches difference. And I have no money for plastic surgery. I am a hideous deformed freak of nature now because of what menopause did to my butt. I would rather be 200 or 250 pounds (I am in the 120s) than have this wrinkled 34-inch *kitten*.I hate my life. I used to have 38-inch hips at this weight (I am 5' 3 1/2"). If you have a curvy butt, be grateful. If you have an un-wrinkled butt, even if it is fat and even if it is flat, be grateful. Start saving money now toward plastic surgery before menopause destroys your figure. My weight did not change to give me this matronly blob silhouette; it redistributed. People used to tell me I had a "black girl butt" and called me "Brickhouse." I have never been pregnant and I thought only women who had kids got a matronly midsection at a normal weight. I never imagined any of this happening to me. I used to be so proud of my figure! The only pants that give me the illusion of a non-drooping *kitten* are super-tight pinwale corduroys (Old Navy Rockstar) with no stretch to them, so my butt is too compressed to sag. But concealment does not solve the problem. I need plastic surgery.
  • Iluvmyfurbabies
    Iluvmyfurbabies Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How sad. Only one before and after picture. Is there any hope for us flat bootie girls? hahaha
  • WildcatDeLalune
    WildcatDeLalune Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Now I'm inspired! Starting the 30-Day Squat Challenge now. ^_^.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Skillet butts, report!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I used to have a very curvy meaty butt, saddlebags and everything, and wide shapely hips. After menopause, all the fat on my butt shifted around to my midriff and waist. First, my butt got flat with a drooping fold at the bottom that hung down on each thigh. The next stage, where I am now, is that not only is the fat gone but my skin has turned very thin-- so there are multiple wrinkles just like wrinkled fabric, where the butt sags over the thighs. For the first time in my life, my narrow shoulders are wider than my hips. My hips have no curve now. My waist used to be 10 inches smaller than my hips, and now there is only 5 inches difference. And I have no money for plastic surgery. I am a hideous deformed freak of nature now because of what menopause did to my butt. I would rather be 200 or 250 pounds (I am in the 120s) than have this wrinkled 34-inch *kitten*.I hate my life. I used to have 38-inch hips at this weight (I am 5' 3 1/2"). If you have a curvy butt, be grateful. If you have an un-wrinkled butt, even if it is fat and even if it is flat, be grateful. Start saving money now toward plastic surgery before menopause destroys your figure. My weight did not change to give me this matronly blob silhouette; it redistributed. People used to tell me I had a "black girl butt" and called me "Brickhouse." I have never been pregnant and I thought only women who had kids got a matronly midsection at a normal weight. I never imagined any of this happening to me. I used to be so proud of my figure! The only pants that give me the illusion of a non-drooping *kitten* are super-tight pinwale corduroys (Old Navy Rockstar) with no stretch to them, so my butt is too compressed to sag. But concealment does not solve the problem. I need plastic surgery.

Just want to say that heavy lifting will help this...
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    How sad. Only one before and after picture. Is there any hope for us flat bootie girls? hahaha

I don't have pictures of my butt...but I have been a weightlifter for years and have always had a nice round butt...at my highest and lowest weights. I have always focused on big lifts...squats and deadlifts. Stair climbing and lunges (but lunges are rough on the knee). If you hike, go uphill whenever possible and stand upright so your butt has to work!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Squats. Heavy barbell squats.

And deadlifts, step-ups and lunges. With heavy weights.

I used to have a flat, saggy butt, but now it's fairly high, tight and round. It gets better every month.

Lift heavy.

^^^ this.

I hear this is a good method!

Glute raises, hip thrusts and Bulgarian split squats all work the butt as well. Squeeze your *kitten* 100% while doing these lifts to get everything out of them.

The butt will round out and change to muscle if you're eating at maintenance or below. To make your butt actually grow bigger and get your body's version of a bubble butt, you must do these exercises while bulking.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Right about the same weight in both pics.

bootycollage_zps4c157959.jpg

Squats, hip thrusts, kick backs, and step-ups primarily built the booty.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges with weights hurt like hell but my but is getting more shapely
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I've never had a "Flat" booty but it did start to sag then started working out with lots of squats and lunges, started out using 3 lb dumbbells currently using 10 lb's about to get a set that goes up to 50 lbs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1181236-i-got-a-booty-yup-photo-s-inside

Here is some photo's in that thread I made earlier.
    Sweet Jesus in heaven, there is actually hope! Thank you so much for posting!:flowerforyou:
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Squats. Heavy barbell squats.

And deadlifts, step-ups and lunges. With heavy weights.

I used to have a flat, saggy butt, but now it's fairly high, tight and round. It gets better every month.

Lift heavy.
    ^^this, I had to scroll! and scroll, so do all of the above and may I recommend also in addition to those listed above; weighted bridges! the heavier the weights the better. I have a little butt, but it's perky, thanks to lifting.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Pre - preg I had a butt, my preg was hard and I was confined to bed for months, after much heavier but no butt. Over four years on and still no butt but I also still cant really squat. I can feel that the big muscle in their has considerably reduced in size. I think squats and butt kicks will eventually build it up again but its slow going. Now my *kitten* looks like my mothers - which I was always so relieved I didnt have!!! Wide and kinda flabby - ugh
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ladies I have added strong curves into my routine and there is definite prgoress
  • MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's like any other muscle group, work it and it will grow... neglect it and it will shrivel. It just happens to take a fair amount of hard, dedicated work to make a big difference on a big muscle group.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

I would be thrilled for my after to be your before! :laugh:
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I know everyone is different, but I'm guessing about a year to make a significant difference? I'm feeling dedicated.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options

I would be thrilled for my after to be your before! :laugh:

Word.
  • Bwneyegirl
    Bwneyegirl Posts: 28
    Options
    BUMP
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Why do you want a big butt? I have always had quite a flat one and I like it that way. Who wants a sticky out backside?

I've never met a woman who doesn't want a big butt.
    I don't really Care to have a big butt either.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Blog from a friend since I don't have any good booty comparison shots myself and have always had at least some butt. The key is the heavy lifting ladies so yes, squats deadlifts hip-thrusts glute bridges. I don't use it myself, but every woman I know (and some men) who have had success building in this area swear by bret contreras' strong curves.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ILiftHeavyAcrylics/view/booty-progress-676906
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!