Weirdest comments you've gotten since weight loss?

Options

Replies

• notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You're so small but you have so much strength, you're like a tiny ball of fury! -jiu jitsu instructor

:smokin:
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've been told I look taller (I'm 5'9). I had no idea that weight loss had any affect on height?

I also get told a lot to quit losing weight because I'm too skinny (which is BS).

And I've been told that my ears look huge now that I lost weight which was not something that made me feel good!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,199 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I had an acquaintance quasi-hit on me, after insinuating that I'd lost so much weight so that I could find someone to cheat on my husband with. :explode: Not very flattering. To ANY of the folks involved. Jerk.
  • AmandaNicole412
    AmandaNicole412 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My eyes look bigger.... is that possible? ! They're gigantic to begin with
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Someone recently said me getting mono really helped. The funny thing was I was on maintenance for the 3 months I was sick (didn't gain, didn't lose). I guess it was just easier for her to believe I couldn't lose on my own :noway:
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've only been on the program of my new way of eating for a month, well actually since March, but the loss really picked up the pace this month with working with MFP.

All I get from people who know me is, "What are you doing differently with your face?" "Is it new glasses?" I'm down from a high of 246 in March to 228 today. Really people are perceiving what they interpret as a cosmetic make up change or new glasses.

One friend, (love her for this) did say, "Wow, you look great! What ever you are doing keep doing it. It's working!"
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I got the have you been sick?" Question
  • _Risko_
    _Risko_ Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I got an "I'd tap that" comment from a lady who was just trying to congratulate me on my weight loss but it was kind of weird to hear even if it did make me smile.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a few.

"You're almost just bones". Huh? Maybe if I'm just hip bones. As I have very wide hips lol. I got this when I reached a healthy weight again, too, mind you.

"Oh my god! You've got a butt!" :laugh: I don't. I mean, certain pants make me *look* like I do. When I was bigger, I was just too self conscience to ever wear skinny jeans.

I've heard that my eyes look bigger, too. And I look like a different person. Things like that.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've gotten asked if I was doing drugs by my aunt...
    that was awkward.

To this day, people like to ask if I was 'on' anything. :grumble:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I got an "I'd tap that" comment from a lady who was just trying to congratulate me on my weight loss but it was kind of weird to hear even if it did make me smile.

lol that's hilarious.
  • curlygirl513
    Options
    that was awkward.

Sorry, but I giggled when I read that. (giggles more)
  • curlygirl513
    Options
    that was awkward.

To this day, people like to ask if I was 'on' anything. :grumble:

That kind of comment, while disrespectful and unkind, truly is not about you at all. Sorry you have to deal with it. I hope you get lots of positive comments, especially on the board for your incredible accomplishment. You worked hard for your progress. I'm proud of you.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I went to my doctor this morning and he said "you've got a nice little figure, and it's just going to keep getting nicer".

This was only my third visit to him and it felt totally awkward and weird. I've never had a doctor comment on my physical appearance. I'm still not sure if I should be creeped out or not.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me "You have lost too much weight. You don't even have any boobs left". Considering the fact that my cup size (yes, very small) has not been affected by my weight loss that is kind of weird
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I went to my doctor this morning and he said "you've got a nice little figure, and it's just going to keep getting nicer".

This was only my third visit to him and it felt totally awkward and weird. I've never had a doctor comment on my physical appearance. I'm still not sure if I should be creeped out or not.

I hope he didn't follow that up with "ok, lets get those clothes off"..... :D
  • emma_fisi
    emma_fisi Posts: 1
    Options
    Not me, but a friend of mine lost some weight, and was asked "So, uh, did you get taller?" :)
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Are you okay? Not going through any treatment?

I guess my age played in that comment....:laugh: :laugh:
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend says to me often "You look this great after having nine kids, what's my excuse?"

I don't know how I'm supposed to answer that.

Recently while I was running a stranger said to me, "Fatties shouldn't wear spandex."

I'm 5'4" & 135 pounds.

Kind of makes me wonder what people thought when I was 197lbs, 9 months pregnant & running while wearing spandex.

Yeah, I'm that girl.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Are you okay? Not going through any treatment?

I guess my age played in that comment....:laugh: :laugh:

My dad gets that one too. He's older than you are I'm sure, but yeah. He's lost quite a lot of weight and reversed some health problems that flared up in his late 50's and some people still think he's ailing due to being much slimmer. Annoying.