Workout Suggestions

Options
Ok guys, I am looking for some ideas to make my workout routine a bit less dull each day. I'm out of ideas.

I have an exercise bike, a treadmill, a barbell, two dumbells, and plenty of floor space.

I'm just getting back into my regular workouts again now that work and illness isn't holding me back :)

Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some ideas to make my workout routine a bit less dull each day.

What does your workout routine involve?

And what is your goal?
  • JamMarie1987
    JamMarie1987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal is weighloss and overall fitness to improve.

My routine is kinda dead and boring at the moment (cardio with not a lot of variety in exercises off the machines). Hence why I need some suggestions :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have a power station too.
  • Boshnivay
    Boshnivay Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would definitely youtube some workouts. there are SO many on there you will probably never get bored. https://www.youtube.com/user/MalloryHotMess
    She is my favorite youtube zumba poster because I feel like it's zumba i can do at home with a little practice!
    Good luck!
  • JamMarie1987
    JamMarie1987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Haha, I wish I could be coordinated enough for Zumba. There are a few classes run in town each week, but I live out of town so makes it difficult to join in regularly. But I'll give it a go.

Might just have to google some workouts for each day and do the ones that I have equipment for.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I would check out Fitness blender. com and maybe do some jump rope? Maybe look up some spinning workouts?
  • walleyetracker
    walleyetracker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Look into Roushfit the complete set goes for $ 60-85. I just completed the first 8 weeks. It takes me bout 35 minutes to complete a session from warm-up to finish. I haven't been able to stick to the schedule of 6 days a week regiment due to my work schedule. I work out 4- 5 times a week, I do track my caloric intake through out the week but on week ends I let loose in a big way. On May 5th I weighed in at 255 lbs. Last week I was at 225 lbs and went from a 47" waist to 40" As suggested by the program I took almost 2 week off before I have started my next 8 week schedule two days ago. My fitness level, endurance and strength is amazing compared to 2 months ago. I was also an ex-smoker for 20+ years. Another benefit and first reason to get fit was my blood pressure and blood chemistry. Before I started with Rushfit, my blood pressure was routinely at 160/110. My doctor put me on pills right of way. Within a couple weeks my blood pressure started to go down at a steady pace. I stopped taking pills about a month into my workout regiment. I check my blood pressure almost daily and it is in the 120/80 range +- 5. So if you are looking to loose weight, gain strength endurance and drastically improve your general health I suggest you have a serious look at Rushfit.
  • lysie1623
    lysie1623 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bike:
    Time - Level - RPM -
    0-3:00: 5 85-90
    3-5: 9 90
    5-6: 10 100+
    6-12: Repeat 3-6
    12-13: 6 (Rest) 85-90
    13-22: Repeat 3-11
    22-23: 8 (Rest) 85-90
    23-25: 10 100+
    25-30: 5 (Rest)

This routine can be adjured to your level preferences, but personally I love it! It goes by fast and I never get bored doing it!