Exercising + Getting Over a Cold?

Options
I'm DYING to get back in the gym or at least back to working out at home. But, I was sick last week. I had a terrible cold and although I'm better, I have a nasty cough that I'm trying to get rid of and I'm continuing to medicate regularly.

I'm curious, how do you guys continue to workout when you're sick or just getting over an illness?

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Just listen to your body and do what feels ok. And drink extra water. Last week, I was getting over the flu so I did my regular yoga classes but skipped the HIIT I usually do before. If you have a bad cough maybe just walking/hiking/at incline is all you can handle now.
  • alyssanichele2
    alyssanichele2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! ^

BUMP
  • lhippen
    lhippen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use the "neck rule." For symptoms below the neck (chest cold, bronchial infection, body ache) take time off, but for symptoms above the neck (runny nose, stuffiness, sneezing) go ahead and continue working out.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use the "neck rule." For symptoms below the neck (chest cold, bronchial infection, body ache) take time off, but for symptoms above the neck (runny nose, stuffiness, sneezing) go ahead and continue working out.

Thank for this. I have a slight cold but nothing much below the head. YET! I think I will keep my work out schedule unless it gets worse. I hate it when colds take you out for like a week! That can be such a setback.