Adding your own recipes to the food section of MFP?

Options
peachmagic
peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
I'm making chicken soup right now and it would be so much easier if I could just add the whole recipe and figure out the serving size calories from there. Otherwise I just have to individually list each ingredient and estimate how much of each ended up in my bowl.

Replies

• eilinger13
    Options
    Easy to do. Under the Food tab, click on "Recipes", the click on "Create new recipe" about half way down the page. There you can add each ingredient in your recipe by searching for it on the database and adding the quantities, then in the box you can type in how many portions it makes, then save it at the bottom of the page. You can edit at any time. Then, when you want to add it, you just click on the recipe tab when you are in your diary, your list of recipes comes up, and choose it. It will always choose 1 portion for you unless of course you edit that in your diary for that day. Hope this helps. :happy:
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I've been trying to figure this out for days omg.
  • eilinger13
    Options
    Oh, and remember to name it!!
  • eilinger13
    Options
    You can also do more or less the same with "meals". So if you always have corn on the cob and a salad with a pork chop, for instance, and make it the same meal each time, make a "meal" in the meals tab. Took me a while to figure that one out.