Your more filling low calorie meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• skiboat1us
    skiboat1us Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a subway veggie delight salad for lunch. I love vegetables and I can get one no cheese all veggie fat free dressing for around a 100 calories. Then I can eat whatever for supper and it fills me up.
  • Swimrae21
    Swimrae21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite filling low calorie (300-400) lunch is a minute rice's multi-grain medley cup (barley, rice, oats, quinoa etc), mixed with a box of green giants mixed veggies (today it I used the teriyaki vegetables mix). Mixed together it was VERY filling. You can do this with a variety of additives. Of course if you going no-carb this isn't for you. But my combo today, defiantly gave the taste and fill of Asian takeout without the guilt.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I like Vietnamese food and something that has helped me is replacing rice noodles (400 cal/ serving) with JFC shiritaki yam noodles (ZERO calories). So I might make pho and replace the noodles or fresh spring rolls. I'm thinking about trying it with pad thai soon.

Love this!
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Miso Soup
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Most of my lunches and dinners are in the 3-400 calorie range. I make a lot of different types of dal (Indian lentils) and sometimes serve them with rice, sometimes not.

Salads are also great, especially if you make your own dressing so you have control over the sodium and calories in that. If you're trying to make a vinaigrette with less oil, you can add a wee bit of cornstarch and that will thicken it up a bit.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I like sauteing/frying tilapia filets in a light butter or oil... with stir fry veggies and curry and garlic powder. SUPER yummy
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    veggie burger topped with avocado slices
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    JFC shiritaki yam noodles ordered!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    1 can tuna, 2 hard boiled eggs, spicy mustard to taste, chopped pickles and/or capers.....smash all together and serve on a few romaine lettuce leaves.
  • hopingtoloseweightthistime
    Options
    I like to make a huge omelette with one egg and 1-2 egg whites and vegetables (onion, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes). I use PAM spray so the entire omelette probably isn't more than 100 calories. I have a low cal wholewheat roll with that which brings me up to 200 calories for a filling meal.