Yoga, pilates, stretching routines?

Options
Could anyone point me towards a good stretching routine?

I’ve started to get achy and feel old getting up off sofa and bending so I’m looking to become more flexible and supple than lose weight (I’m also doing C25K and plan to start gym next week for 2 weight/strength training as part of weight loss so this is something extra/different). I was hoping to find something that is less than 20 mins so I can do every morning regardless of other exercise I plan to do each day.

Yoga, pilates – will try anything. Pref on YouTube so I can try first then buy a DVD if I like and want more options.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sarah

Replies

• sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/

This is a great site that you can choose what type of exercise you want to do, for how long and what intensity...
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Please try yoga. especially insight yoga. a couple of weeks ago i was having an issue with my hip/butt. I hobbled around for a week ( and i am a personal trainer) and finally i made myself go to the doctor because i was positive i did something terrible to my hip. Turns out my piriformis (which is the muscle that lies on the sciatic nerve) was very tight...i did yoga twice and im healed. I will continue yoga forever!!!

Good Luck
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    You Tube has tons of options. Be Fit and Fitness Blender are good places to start. Do not, I repeat, do not do GymRa. They are awful. the narration is horrible and they are hard to follow. Bob Harper has Yoga Warrior, I've tried it, its pretty good, but my favorite is Bryan Kest's Power Yoga, its about 20 years old, but he's very good with walking you through the routines. Good luck. I love yoga, its what I do on my "rest days".
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
  • maryjovh
    maryjovh Posts: 2
    Options
    This would be a great start. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeXz8fIZDCE Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    DoYogaWithMe.com is a free site and there are tons of good video routines on there.
  • tealbuddha27
    tealbuddha27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like Denise Austin's Pilates DVD although I'm still working my way up to being able to do the whole thing. The only yoga I've done is (don't laugh) the Basic Yoga for Dummies DVD. It feels really good to do after a workout.
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the repiles, will try all of them and see what works best