Shakeology vs. GNC Total Lean 25

Options
2»

Replies

• xchrisssy
    xchrisssy Posts: 7
    Options
    You should maybe also consider idealshape, it's apparently better than lean 25 and the price is not ridiculous. It is a meal replacement so perfect when you're running out the door in the morning. I just googled reviews on meal replacements and most of them have quite similar results. So I'd say do your own research, I just personally prefer idealshape over shakeology and total lean.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I just started using Shakeology a couple of weeks ago and am IN LOVE!! Yes, it is pricey in bulk...but if you break the price down per day (roughly $4.33), it's no more than a meal (which is what you are getting). And my beachbody coach sent me several samples and I am a Vanilla FREAK all the way!! And the calendar of recipes you get...HOLY COWSERS...this is one HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY chick! Honestly, I think you are looking at it differently than I. NOTHING in life that is good for you is cheap (ie, ORGANIC items), the sooner you accept that the better off you will be. This product is 100% NATURAL (no bi-products or preservatives) and the absorbtion rate is insane!! Each 'supplement' you take generally has a different absorbtion rate. =) Hope this helps!!

I don't know...it sounds like this person is trying to sell the stuff to me...
  • mchlsmit
    mchlsmit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Shakes on the whole are an unnecessary expense. Just eat healthy and stay within your calorie/macronutrient goal.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am big on meal replacement drinks. I am a road warrior and before I started carrying meal replacement powder I was skipping meals or eating a lot of fast food (sometimes you only have 15 minutes to make a connection). On flights I've gotten ice and milk or water from flight attendants and shake shake shake my blender bottle.

I love love love Vanilla Shakeology and I love love love Chocolate Vega one. After comparing labels, In my opinion, Vega One is as close as you can get to Shakeology but without the Beach Body price.

I hated strawberry shakeology so much I returned a half-full bag and I thought their chocolate was gritty.

I am not a Beach Body coach and I have no desire to be.
  • abrar0290
    abrar0290 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There are some good reasons to have protein shakes. Sometimes, depending on where you live, the price per gram of protein in chicken may be a lot more expensive than in protein powder, but seriously, don't buy shakeology. You don't need it. I've found Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard to be the best protein powder in quality, ingredients, and price so far.
  • Fitmom120811
    Fitmom120811 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thats not true
  • JLDunham8
    JLDunham8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    From https://www.consumerlab.com/reviews/Protein_Powders_Shakes_Drinks_Sports_ Meal_Diet/NutritionDrinks/ you can see the results that Shakeology has lead in it. Regardless of the source lead can be held in the body for extended periods of time and should not be used at all by pregnant women, women of childberaing age, or children. Children are at increased risk of lead poisoning with an amount of 6 mcg per day from all sources. Greenberry had 12.7 mcg of lead in it. Whole food based or not, lead is lead and is harmful. Because lead can be held in the body for extended periods of time it can accumulate over time to harmful amounts. Bottom line - know your products if you chose to supplement and know that whole organic foods are a great choice for health.

http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplements/qadietarysupplements/#responsible

Who has the responsibility for ensuring that a dietary supplement is safe?

By law (DSHEA), the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that its dietary supplement products are safe before they are marketed. Unlike drug products that must be proven safe and effective for their intended use before marketing, there are no provisions in the law for FDA to "approve" dietary supplements for safety or effectiveness before they reach the consumer.

Do manufacturers or distributors of dietary supplements have to tell FDA or consumers what evidence they have about their product's safety or what evidence they have to back up the claims they are making for them?

No, except for rules described above that govern "new dietary ingredients," there is no provision under any law or regulation that FDA enforces that requires a firm to disclose to FDA or consumers the information they have about the safety or purported benefits of their dietary supplement products. Likewise, there is no prohibition against them making this information available either to FDA or to their customers. It is up to each firm to set its own policy on disclosure of such information

Also: NATURAL IS NOT THE SAME AS ORGANIC. the organic label does have a very specific process in order for a product to be able to be labeled as such.