Where is the cross-training/arc trainer option?

Options
I've been using a Cybex Arc Trainer recently as opposed to an elliptical machine. This machine is nasty, and gives me quite a run for my money. However, this website doesn't have it as an option for exercise! This is annoying... and so I've had to track elliptical machine as my workout.

Replies

• mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I put elliptical as it as well, since I burn about the same on either.
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    I use the arc, and also an adaptive motion machine that totally rocks. Like a stair stepper bred with an elliptical, plus arms. Feels like more work than the elliptical when I'm using it, but I couldn't find it as an option, either.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Does the machine tell you how many calories you are burning? You can just enter that as a quick add.
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It does tell how many calories, but I don't know how much I should trust these fitness machines. I really don't think that I'm burning almost 500 calories in 30 minutes on an elliptical machine! Otherwise I would be as skinny as a rail!

This machine is killer though, like a combo of strength, anaerobic and aerobic workout all in one. Great body buzz after dominating it!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    It does tell how many calories, but I don't know how much I should trust these fitness machines. I really don't think that I'm burning almost 500 calories in 30 minutes on an elliptical machine! Otherwise I would be as skinny as a rail!

This machine is killer though, like a combo of strength, anaerobic and aerobic workout all in one. Great body buzz after dominating it!

That seems about right. I burn 200 in 30 minutes on a treadmill at a 3 mph pace. Today I was dong intervals (3 and 4 mph and up and down with a 10 incline) and in forty min it was 304 calories and those machines are suppose to burn more than a treadmill.